"The only way I knew that he wasn't abducted was when his mum called me after the second week to tell me that he was safe before she hung up. This man destroyed me, had me seeing a therapist and getting started on antidepressants while he was away in God-knows-where, doing God-knows-what, and you ask me if I don't want him to talk? No, I fucking don't."

Deep down, Harry was glad that she got that off of her chest, that she had her moment. It was why he stood up and approached her, hugging her against his stomach as she sat while he stood.

"I'm sorry I'm only just now telling you about that." Nina mumbled softly before she sniffled.

If it weren't for the reminder, Harry would have had forgotten that it wasn't him who knew of what happened – it was Mick.

"It's alright, I appreciate you telling me about it. You didn't have to." Harry assured her, gently stroking her hair.

"How are you so gentle and understanding?" Nina sighed, pulling away to wipe her eyes before looking up at her boyfriend.

"You make it easy," Harry replied genuinely, "Come here." Offering his hand, Nina placed her palm in his before letting Harry walk the both of them to her living room, sitting and pulling her to his lap. "Fuck him," he began, brushing back her hair, "If you don't want to talk with him, don't. Nobody's forcing you to do anything – nobody should."

"I just- What would he even say? Sorry I left so suddenly and ghosted you after 4 years of a perfect relationship? Sorry I fucked you up?" Her shoulders went up before she slumped down, leaning against Harry and resting her head on his shoulder, "I'm happy with you. Olly was always so indecisive when it came to important decisions, would pick something then regret it. Maybe I should've looked further into it, should've realised that maybe it meant something.

Maybe I'm not so different from an ice cream flavour or a job offer."

Harry frowned, wrapping his arms around Nina, "That's not true," he shook his head, "God, that's not true. Of course you're much more important. You're a human being – an incredible one. You're everything any man and woman and anybody else can ask and look for, Nina. That sick excuse of a man couldn't see it. I know this is so cliché, but anyone would be lucky to have you.

I'm so fucking lucky to have you."

When Nina sniffled, Harry turned his head to press a kiss to her head, lingering for a moment before pulling away. "Before he left, when I was awake, he told me that he loved me," she softly said.

"He lied right to my face and I couldn't even see it." Nina mumbled, nuzzling her head in Harry's neck.

His heart ached, getting reminded of the secret he held tightly and secured away from the one person who deserved to know the truth.

"I don't think you're like him," Nina added, "Unless it takes me another 4 years to realise that." And although she joked and chuckled, it hurt Harry that her ex had done all that.

He really needed to tell her the truth.

_

[ twitter ]

ninamaye
the fact that some people think it's so easy to barge into sb's life after fucking them over is ???
1k Retweets 437 Quote Tweets 3k Likes

ninamaye
anyway hey. earlier today

 earlier today