𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜,𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

-

-

Tooru gazed around his room, the weight of Iwaizumi's words heavy upon him.
Had he truly let her slip away, his grasp now empty and longing?
Why hadn't he resisted the allure of Heather, knowing the cost it would exact on his heart?
Yet, who could resist such sweetness and beauty?
Should he reach out to y/n, bracing himself for the pain he may deserve?
Was it time for him to confront the consequences of his actions, to finally understand the depth of the hurt he caused?
As he grappled with these questions, one truth emerged clear: the echoes of his choices, reverberating through his soul, demanded reckoning.

Tooru's heart leaped at the sound of his phone, hoping for a message that might provide clarity or solace.

Heather: wanna hang out in a lil ;)?

                                          Oikawa: no thanks.

Tooru's chest tightened with indecision as he considered his options. Should he choose to disappear, leaving y/n in the void of unanswered messages, or face the inevitable pain of another heartbreak by confronting her truthfully?

-

As y/n sat at her desk, determination hardening her resolve to move forward without Tooru, her phone interrupted her thoughts with an unexpected ring.

Tooru <3: hey, wanna hang out?

Y/n tilted her head at the text. Why out of all times?

Y/n <3: no thanks, I'm busy.

Tooru's mind swirled with confusion and regret, grappling with the question of why things had unfolded as they did. Meanwhile, on y/n's side, she paused, her gaze drifting to the world beyond her window. In that fleeting moment, a ray of sunlight kissed her face, and with a conscious effort, she summoned a smile, determined to embrace the possibility of brighter days ahead.
-

On that familiar Wednesday, marked by their tradition of crafting each other's lunches, y/n's resolve held strong. Despite the ache in her heart, she meticulously prepared a lunch. Yet, hidden amidst the carefully arranged food, lay a note—a silent testament to the bittersweet farewell she couldn't bring herself to speak aloud.

As y/n approached Tooru's desk with a brave smile, she handed him the lunch and quietly urged him to read the note inside, her heart heavy with unspoken emotions. However, she couldn't ignore the slight unease as she noticed Tooru's distant gaze fixed on the lunch before him, rather than meeting her eyes.With a gentle reminder not to say anything, y/n retreated to her own desk, her mind buzzing with anticipation and apprehension. Meanwhile, Tooru's hands trembled slightly as he unfolded the note, his eyes widening at the simple yet profound message: "Meet me at lunch on the roof."A surge of emotions threatened to overwhelm him as he struggled to process the unexpected invitation. With a conflicted heart, Tooru's thoughts raced, torn between the weight of the past and the possibility of a new beginning.

-

Y/n's heart raced as she awaited Tooru's arrival on the rooftop, her nerves tingling with anticipation. As the door creaked open, she turned to face him, ready to share her thoughts."Hey, Oikawa, so I've been thinking and I think-"Before she could finish her sentence, Tooru's arms enveloped her in a sudden, tight embrace, catching her off guard. The warmth of his touch and the familiar scent of his cologne washed over her, momentarily stealing her breath away."It's Tooru," he whispered softly, releasing her from the embrace with a gentle smile, leaving y/n flustered yet strangely comforted by his presence.

Y/n's breath caught in her throat as she met Tooru's tear-filled gaze, a sight that pierced her heart with a blend of sadness and understanding. His trembling voice pleaded with her, begging her not to speak the words he feared the most.In that vulnerable moment, y/n surprised even herself with a smile, a beacon of warmth and forgiveness amidst the storm of emotions. It was a silent reassurance, a gesture of acceptance and compassion, offering solace to a soul weighed down by regret and sorrow.

Y/n's voice quivered with emotion as she uttered those words, a confession wrapped in bittersweet resignation. With a tear tracing its path down her cheek, she bid Tooru farewell, her heart heavy with unspoken longing and regret."It's true, Tooru," she whispered softly as she walked away, her footsteps echoing the ache in her chest. "Maybe Heather can make you happy."Yet, beneath the facade of acceptance, y/n harbored a silent wish, a fervent hope that Tooru would find the happiness he sought, even if it meant she had to let him go.

Oh.

I wish I were heather.