My Life as a Virgin

Chapter 1

Now some people like me think that being a virgin is great. For others, well I guess it's a sense of becoming a man or woman. In my book, I don't plan on loosing my v-card in high school. Virginity is also a reason why it's so hard to find a good relationship in high school. It seems like every guy you meet pressures you on, well "it". And for me, "it's" not gonna happen.

This is my story on high school peer pressure. I guess I'll start off by telling a few things about myself. My name's Layla Cofey and I'm 15 in my sophomore year of high school. I've been in this community for a while so I know most of the people here. I go to a somewhat small school called Liberty High. We are mostly known for basketball. My twin brother and sister go here also-they're seniors. Seniors that have no intensions of going to college what-so-ever. And not to put their business out there, but they haven't necessarily held their v-card into consideration. In my life as a teen only 1 of my 3 boyfriends asked me about "it". Therefore, knowing me, we didn't last that long.

In Liberty High the majority of our school has had some type of sexual intercourse and I'm not so proud of it. Because I mean living in a community where it's encouraged is sad. But since these people are basically my family, I guess I somewhat love them. Just a statistic for you about our school: about 1 out of every 4 seniors in our school loses their v-card.

Chapter 2

After I collected my books, I walked over to my best friends locker, which was only about 4 or 5 lockers down. There I usually wait for her and my best guy friend. Their names are Mary and Devon. Mary has this new boyfriend. His name is Jad'n and his a senior. Now I at first I told her to go for it, but now I'm telling her about the consequences of having and older boyfriend. All they think about is sex! And it's almost like impossible to have a real relationship. Well Jad'n,s told Mary that he wouldn't force her into to it. Now I think that's a great way to start things off, but she tells me that he keeps bringing it up. I decided to talk to him myself since it wasn't working out for her.

When we started talking, I felt like I was talking to four year old how had no idea whatsoever what we were talking about. But sure enough it was him, the "18" year old. After awhile I got him to use his big boy words. He'd said that he cared about her, but thought she could find someone better. I felt the same. During the convo, he made an unclear statement that sounded like he was cheating on her. I got furious until he made himself clear. But later on, we found out he truly was cheating on her. And with another sophomore! I thought to myself if you can't get another senior for a girlfriend then you must be pathetic.

I'm so glad Mary didn't fall into the temptation of Jad'n, if she'd have lost her virginity, I don't know how much she would have changed.

This brings me back to old memories. A moment prior to this, I was with a guy named Makhi. He was a senior also. He told me he'd already lost his virginity and at the time I was unsure if I wanted to go through with it but once we had a long conversation about things, I was ok.