Epilogue Part Two

Start from the beginning

"I did not," I say loud enough for her to hear. Renzo laughs, I bet Loretta didn't even tell him off, they both love to make my life a real shit storm every day. The only person I have to back me up is Marcia.

After the drive, back home I finally got to speak to my wife. she's coming home tomorrow so I have a long time before I can see her and touch her. for her birthday, I bought her a few things, yes, some things were materialistic like the Cartier watch and the earrings that I knew she loved but I've done something different.

I took the liberty of getting an artist to paint me a collage that will connect with Loretta in a way nothing else can. it's a story of our life on a huge canvas that I would love for her to keep. it cost a lot of money but that was never an issue.

Sophie, our cook prepared us all a meal. Sophie was one of the best hires because she tried really hard to impress us. I was honestly surprised when she made the effort to learn some of my grandmothers old recipe's.

After the meal, myself and the kids settled in the cinema room to watch a movie, we were all excited for tomorrow for Loretta's arrival sometimes I must step back when she arrives, you know let the kids see her first. sometimes I forget that I'm not the only family now.

"Dad?" Renzo calls out to me as the movie plays on. From my position on the sofa, I turn to him and Marcia who are both looking at me like they're waiting for something.

"yes, what is it" he takes a breath. "how did you and mum meet " he surprises me by asking and I know Marcia wants to know as well.

I stare at them for a few seconds. I wondered what made them want to ask this.

I turned my body to face them completely and smiled" we met in the city, I saw her singing with uncle Thomas one day and I was fascinated by her voice and beauty of course" I paused thinking about how beautiful she looked singing with Thomas. "I gave them a lot of money because I thought they were amazing. your mother came storming into my office demanding to speak to me" I laugh remembering the moment I saw the beautiful woman walking through my doors.

Renzo and Marcia didn't care for the movie now they were intrigued about this little story.

"carry on daddy, was she angry?" Marcia asked me.

"no, not at first she was thankful but I took it the wrong way by something she said and I told her to leave" they both gasp at my words.

"dad" Renzo scowls at me. Clearly disappointed. Believe me son, I am too.

" you see having money can be a good thing but sometimes people who are close to you tend to use you for money, expect expensive things and you realise that they don't want you but rather what you can give them" Marcia looks confused but Renzo seems to understand.

"daddy had a girlfriend before mummy and this woman used me for the money I had, " I say to Marcia explaining it a little bit more. She probably didn't understand fully but someday I will tell her all about it when she is old enough.

"that's why mummy doesn't like you telling your friends of everything you have cia, because people may use you" I bring my hand up to stroke her cheek. she melts into my hand just like her mother does.

"if she was angry at you and you were with her how did you end up together, " Renzo asks a confused look on his face.

I had to think about this one, it's hard to identify why we did end up together.

" your mother left an interesting impression on me you see and I soon found out that she gave all the money to uncle Thomas, I realised what a horrible mistake and I went to look for her" the warm sensation travels through me when I reencounter the memory.