"You don't scare me Malfoy." Ron argues back.

"Just wait until my father hears about this." He yells. He places the folded piece of paper in my lap and leaves the compartment.

I unwrap the paper and read the contents in my head:

(y/n),

I made a mistake. Please try and befriend them for me. They need to think you're on their side, so stay for a bit longer, apologize, and leave. Meet me in the empty train car separating the first and second years, we can finish the ride there. Sorry.

-DM

I sigh looking at the paper. I would never want to be anyone's fake friend, but Ron was being a total dick for no reason. I have to take Dracos side on this one. I shove the note into my bag and look up at the two boys who were studying me closely.

"Will you two quit it? You have to try and tolerate Draco, he's my friend. The only reason he was rude was because you started it. What was so funny anyway?" I ask.

"Well because earlier I had said he probably wouldn't let harry and I call him by his first name like he lets you. I thought it was funny that he told us to call him Malfoy." Ron explains.

"Look, Ron, you too Harry, I'm sorry that's how he acted, but you need to understand the situation." I say. "He lets me call him Draco because we're friends."

"Fine, we accept your apology." Harry answers shortly. It sounds like he means it, and thats releiving. 

"Ready, guys? Fred taught me this spell that turns a rat yellow, and I want to try it out." Ron says changing the subject and taking out his wand. Right as he did, a girl with poufy brown hair walks up to our compartment.

"Are you doing magic? Let's see it then." She raises an eyebrow.

Ron tries out the spell, but it backfires and zaps the rat. I cringe at the sight.

The girl makes a face at Ron's poor attempt at the spell, makes a rude comment, and then finally introduces herself.

"I'm Hermione Granger, what are your names?" She asks.

I didn't recognize her last name. That was a bad thing, it probably meant that she was a mudblood. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but mother would not approve of me being friends with her. This was my cue to leave and find Draco.

"I'm (y/n) Wolfwood, and it's very nice to meet you, but I should probably get going now, I think my friend is looking for me." I say grabbing my bag.

I stand up fast and try to avoid the situation but feet a wave of dizziness hit me again. I push past Hermione and start running to the empty train car Draco told me to meet him at. I see him walk out of the double doors, but everything starts to spin. I look around and before I know it, my head hits the ground. 

I open my eyes and look around confused.

"What happened? Where am I" I ask sitting up looking over to Draco.

"You fainted. Right in the middle of the hallway. Before anyone could see you, I grabbed you and brought you here, to the empty train car." He explains.

I look at the ground holding back tears. I took a deep breath and got over it.

"(y/n), why did you faint?"Draco asks concerned.

"It's a long story I'd rather not get into." I answer him.

"Come on, I tell you things, just talk to me." He pesters.

"Well, as you probably know, my brother died about 6 months ago. It still really affects me. According to my mother, I had been misbehaving all week long. She told me to get over my brother's death and grounded me, but I guess that wasn't enough for her, so she locked me in my room for two days. I wasn't allowed to eat until I got to Hogwarts. I know this might sound extreme for her to do, but by now I'm kind of used to it." I explain to him.

"Sounds like she took a page right out of the Lucius Malfoy handbook." He replies and I chuckle.

"Your father does that too?" I ask almost in a whisper.

"Yeah, along with a lot of other things I'm sure your mother has done. I didn't know they were friends." He says getting up to sit next to me on my side of the bench.

"I really thought you were going to take that a lot differently. I'm just happy you understand." I say looking over to him.

He pulls me into a tight hug, it's significantly longer than the other times we've embraced. At this moment I was happy, knowing that I would have someone at Hogwarts that I was really close to.

"Stay here, we still have a pretty long time until we get to Hogwarts. I'm going to find the trolley and grab some food okay?" He smiles standing up.

"Okay, but hurry back." I reply with a smile.

~Dracos (POV)~

I leave the empty train car and set out to find the trolley of food. She must be starving. What was Mrs. Wolfwood thinking doing that to her? At least I have my mother to help me through the wrath of my father. She has no one. Well, she used to have no one. Now she has me. I smile to myself.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" I hear a lady ask a group of people in a compartment.

"I would." I say before letting anyone else from the compartment answer. I grab some things I think (y/n) would like and pay her. I then look over to the people in the train car. I see Weasley, Potter, and a random girl I've never seen before in my life. I roll my eyes giving them a look and walk away. I can tell they're going to talk about me after I leave. What do I care? By the end of the week, (y/n) and I will have everything under control.

~(y/n) POV~

Draco walks in with a bunch of food.

"Who do you think is going to eat all of that?" I ask, looking at the tremendous pile of snacks.

"Us, obviously." He says sitting next to me with the pile of food.

"Thank you, by the way." I smile at him.

"No problem." He says smirking and throwing a chocolate frog at me.

This year is gonna be great.