06. Butter Knife

The moment the fight broke in the Hall of Kings, Natasha wasn’t hasty to get to Caspian’s side.

She knew the others would surely jump into their king's aid given the situation. Kings were always the priority in cases like this, no matter what world one lives in. Instead, the female assassin got under the table–which, under circumstances was perfectly understandable, but she wasn’t down there to hide, rather to neutralize her most threatening opponent, and made some bad people stumble along the way.

She first took care of the obvious trained assassin who was trying to kill Caspian the first time. It went rather quick, for she hit him first where the sun don’t shine, thus he was powerless when she sliced him with her previously concealed twin knives.

When she came out of under the now ruined table, she dodged a blade coming straight towards her face and kicked her opponent straight on the chest, pushing him away. Natasha groaned when a rough hand manhandled her by her long hair like a tight vice and slammed her back to the dining table. Her own knives forgotten momentarily as she hold up the hand that was pointing another blade to her chest. In her struggle, she let go of one arm as she took a very shiny looking ceramic plate and bashed it to her attacker's head. The man snarled in pain and not little amount of rage. Grabbing her own knives, she set him free of his pain.

A battle cry behind her alerted her of another incoming–Natasha would’ve rolled her eyes had she got the time. Why do they always make noises and let her know that they’re coming for her?

Meanwhile, Caspian fought alongside his close friends who had placed themselves around him despite them being occupied as well. It wasn’t that the young king was clueless and desperately needed help.

In fact, he was far from it.

Call it a king’s wisdom or a hunch, tonight Caspian had set his trusted sword under the table, in rare occasion tuning into his old Telmar king's habit: Trust no one. Be prepared.

The young king, too, fought fiercely, even managed to aid his own people along the way. Caspian channeled all his focus on survival first, no matter how very scared he was at first for a certain redhead's life, or how she managed to avert a certain death from him with a butter knife, or how absolutely astounded he was at how well she defended herself.

Too well.

At this point, Natasha felt quite sorry; not for the man she just took down, or the man after him or the other men after him that she had put an end to– but for the pretty silverwares that were collateral damage, and for her twin knives that were knocked off of her hands during the fight.

Cursing in Russian, she searched for them, but naturally, more of them emissaries/assassin came for her. Again, she sidestepped and parried one of their attacks before kicking him hard on his shin. Natasha laid an uppercut punch to his face. He shrieked like a girl before passing out.

A pair of strong, big arms wrapped itself around her small form like a tight vice. Reacting quickly, she reached for his pinky finger and twisted it hard towards an unnatural angle that he shouted in agony and loosened his hold on her, enough time for the redhead to elbow him hard on the chest and got out of his grasp.

The avenger jabbed on his ribs. He groaned. She jumped and land both her feet hard on his chest. With a maneuver that she had perfected and done over and over again, she let herself hit the hard ground on her upper back first, hands planted firmly on the ground beneath to keep her head from bumping against the floor. With her weight, the redhead kipped up and let the momentum of the fall hoist her back up on her two feet.

The huge man she hit, though in pain, still managed to stand his ground. She hissed in annoyance and broke out running towards him. Using her momentum the redhead climbed his height and linked her shapely legs around his neck, clamping him down. Forced by her sudden weight, he immediately fell down to the ground while she landed on both her feet safely.