year five: saving harry

Start from the beginning

"You best be starving or dying to be down here--"

George raised his hands in defense, a smirk approaching his face. "Freddie and I are of age, Mum."

"Did I ask?"

"You didn't not ask."

Sirius Black and Remus Lupin came around the corner, the latter looking ready to leave. Both fathers' eyebrows furrowed in confused as Sirius spoke up. "Oh, hello. Are you hungry?"

The Lupin-Black girl let out a groan, crossing her arms across her chest in frustration. "I want to know what's happening in there, Dad. I want in on it."

"It's just a rescue mission to save Harry." confessed Sirius, not seeing the big deal in it all. "It's not that interesting, really."

"A rescue mission?" George's brown eyes lit up at the words.

Fred Weasley only dropped his shoulders, clearly less interested than before. "We're already been on one of those."

Hope turned towards him, her grey eyes filled with confusion. "Have we?"

"Are you stupid?" he joked, letting a laugh escape from his mouth. "Fourth year, well, second year? Dad's flying car?"

"Oh my," she realized, jaw dropping at the remembrance of the memories. "I forgot about that. I swear, Fred, you about crashed into a tree."

"I did not--"

His twin brother only placed a hand on his shoulder with a sigh. "But you did, Freddie. We all feared for our lives."

Molly narrowed her eyes at her two sons and girl she thought of as a daughter. "I do not want to hear another word about that bloody car."

"You flew a flying car on a rescue mission? When you were fourteen and twelve?"

Hope only looked to her father with a smile on her face. "We had to save Potter, yet again. You know Vernon Dursley loves me."

The twins burst out laughing, ignoring her lack of saying Harry's first name. "Sure, Hope, if you count a pig scowl as loving."

"How would you know, Georgie? Are you a pig?"

"Oink, oink--"

At that moment, the rest of the order left the dining room, and Hope, Fred, and George hardly recognized all of them. There was a dark-eyed wizard with blue robes and a wise expression named Kingsley Shacklebolt, and a wheezy wizard who couldn't stop coughing named Elphias Dodge.

On the other side of them was a wizard who wore a top hat named Dedalus Diggle his last name being the only improper thing about him, Emmeline Vance who had gorgeous green eyes and long dark hair, a man named Sturgis Podmore who stood taller and wider than anyone else, and a woman named Hestia Jones who had black hair and a kind expression.

"Hey, kids." Tonks greeted, walking up to Hope and Ginny, who had dashed down the stairs. "I thought you were supposed to stay upstairs?"

Ginny Weasley shrugged her covered shoulders, a smirk coming onto her face. "Hey, Tonks. Can we ask you a favor?"

"I guess? What's the favor?"

The Lupin-Black girl's eyes lit up as her and her close friend shared a look. "Can we go with you? Please?"

"We'll be good." added Ginny, pleading with her bottom lip stuck out. "We promise."

Nymphadora Tonks' dark eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement. "Go with? Go with where?"