Chapter 25: New Plans

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka had a lot of calls to make that day. Whether it be from Eekar and Morra on Lothal, or Lyda and Rex on Yerbana, she spent a lot of time in front of the holoprojector. Thankfully, they were both coming back from their missions.

Of course, these missions were meant to be short. The less time they spent outside of the Unknown Regions, the less likely they were to get caught.

And then there was Senator Organa, who seemed to be risking his very position within the Imperial Senate (and potentially his life, too) by feeding information to Ahsoka and her New Jedi Order. And it was no secret to Ahsoka that Senator Organa was sheltering one of Anakin's children, which did complicate things. But, if he could keep it a secret from the Empire, he would be able to hide it from the one he treated as his daughter.

As much as Ahsoka wanted to train them, she knew she couldn't. It would just generate too much of a ripple in the force. Two Skywalkers plus Ahsoka could easily be sensed by Vader, and their position could be put in jeopardy. Not to mention she realized their destinies were fragile, and maybe it was better to leave them alone.

She preferred not to think about the Skywalker children. It made her feel sad and confused for some reason.

So she turned her mind to something else. She figured it was about time she told Senator Organa that the contact he provided had been found dead.

She walked over to the holoprojector and tried to contact Senator Organa. It was never a definite if and when he would respond.

Thankfully, this time he did, and a cloaked figure came up on the holoprojector.

"Delegate, come in, this is Fulcrum," Ahsoka said.

"I read you, Fulcrum," Senator Organa replied in a scrambled voice. "What is it you would like to tell me?"

"The contact you provided me was... unreliable," Ahsoka said.

"What!?" Senator Organa replied. "What did he do!?"

"It's not what he did. My... agents found him dead in a crime scene. They told me the authorities said that Crimson Dawn mercenaries were involved."

"So I'm guessing you didn't get the supplies, then?" asked the Senator.

"No," Ahsoka said.

"Hmm," he said, "I don't think I have any contacts available. Maybe I can find an abandoned Republic or Separatist base for you to scavenge."

Then, an Idea popped into Ahsoka's head.

"What about Hondo's base?"

"Huh?" The Senator replied.

"He's probably got quite a lot of riches laying around, and the place was already quite derelict after my previous run-in with him."

"It could work," Senator Organa said. "I don't have confirmation if the base is still active. And even if it isn't, there's a good chance the Empire has already pillaged the place."

"Well, it's a better shot than abandoned military bases," Ahsoka said. "Those are highly off-limits and the Empire usually has some way of detecting intruders there."

"Well, what if Hondo's still there?" asked the Senator.

"Then I'll bring the Tholothian," she replied, referring to Katooni. "Hondo seems to have a soft spot for her for some reason, and she needs some experience anyways. She'll be old enough to be an apprentice in a year or two."

She had to deliberately avoid using Jedi terminology such as "Padawan," since, if the Empire was listening, would immediately cause problems.

"Well, if you came up with your own plan like this, maybe you didn't need to contact me," Senator Organa said.

"I guess not," Ahsoka said. "Still best to have a second opinion."

Ahsoka then heard engines rumbling from outside. A ship had arrived.

"One of my agents is back," Ahsoka said. "I have to go."

"Very well then," said Senator Organa, "Delegate out."

A/N:

Senator Organa's codename, "Delegate," was derived from @shanSWfan's "Unchronicled Adventures of Ahsoka Tano" series, which this series takes lots of inspiration from. Go check it out.