Chapter 22

Charles walked into the skyscraper-like building as eyes fell on him. He had everyone's attention and he knew it. The women that worked there couldn't stop flaunting over him.

Charles had features like Nicholas. Nicholas was the better-looking and the older brother but that didn't mean Charles couldn't pull of any female he wanted.

Adjusting his suit Charles clicked the top floor on the elevator as he leaned against the metal walls and checked his watch.

As the elevator opened he was greeted by Loraine, as chipper as she could be as she smiled and introduced herself.

"Mr. Knight. It's a pleasure to finally meet you" Loraine said as she began walking towards Nicholas' office with him following suit. 

Walking in Charles smiled at the sight of his older brother. The two sluggishly smiled as Nicholas engulfed his baby brother in a hug.

"Nicholas King. You've made quite a rep here" Charles smiled as he bonded with his brother.

"Facial hair? Is it really you Charles?" Nicholas teased as he sat down with a smile.

"I'm not a baby Nicholas" Charles laughed.

Jared soon walked in, Charles knew Jared from the start. When Nicholas had first gotten the business Jared was the first to try out for the personal assistant positions.

Both Nicholas and Charles judged all the tryouts.

Jared had just stood out,

"Jared! It seems you've grown up as well" Charles smiled as he got up and engulfed Jared in a hug.

"You as well," Jared said with a smile.

Charles was charming with just about anyone, who hadn't given him a reason not to be.

"Jared will tell you everything you need to know Charles, pay attention. One day this business will be yours" Nicholas warned.

"You know I've never wanted this business, Nicholas besides it's just a couple of days. I'll be fine brother," Charles assured as he leaned back in his seat.

Nicholas knew he'd be fine. Charles was also a business major but he never took a liking to this kind of business. 

But he kept up with it in case something were to happen. 

"I didn't know you and Juliet had gotten back in contact," Charles said as he looked at his brother. Nicholas' eyes flashed a different color.

"I've hurt her, she doesn't have anyone. It's only reasonable to" Nicholas waved off the question.

"Hasn't she started her own business? Clothing shop is it?" Charles asked.

"She has, although looking at her sale rates she's going to need a miracle," Nicholas said with a frown. He hadn't told Juliet this yet

He didn't want to worry her more than she already was.

"Why don't you help her out? She is your wife after all" Charles suggested.

"She won't take my help. I know she won't"

"Some things have to be done, it'll only benefit her," Charles said as he clicked his pen.

"I'll see, you know how she is. She's changed though brother. She has confidence, passion fiesty. It's quite attractive" Nicholas admitted as he looked at his brother whose face showed nothing but disgust.

"Enough about my love life, what about your Charles, you and Rebekah?" Nicholas asked curiously as Charles shook his head.

"We've gone our separate ways. She wants a family, I need more time you know" Charles said as he furrowed his eyebrows.