"Morning."

When Fitz woke up, he was confused as to why Jemma was laying on top of him. Their legs were entangeled, and her head was laying on his chest. Then he remembered the nightmares last night. He didn't want to wake Jemma up, but he knew she would have to go back to her bunk to avoid being spotted coming out of Fitz's room. He didn't want any sticky situations. He looked over at his clock...

5:42. 

'18 minutes until May and Coulson wake up', he thought. ' He sat there watching Jemma's chest rise and fall. 'God, she looks so beautiful when she sleeps.' He put his hand out to run it through her silky hair. Jemma stirred slightly. She was beginning to wake up. 

Jemma was the same way whe she woke up. Meaning that she, too, was slight confused as to why she was resting on top of Fitz. She remember how she heard Fitz screaming her name, and running to wake him up. She remembered crawling into bed with him. She remembered the way Fitz's calloused thumb stroked the inside of her wrist as she fell asleep. And when she awoke, she felt the sensation of Fitz's hands running though her hair. She looked up to find Fitz staring at her.

"Morning," she said with a smile.

"Morning," he replied with the same look.

Jemma's stomach started doing somersaults when he gave her that look. 'God, I love him so much!,' she thought. 

She looked at the clock on his bedstand.

5:50

She sat up quickly.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?," asked Fitz.

"Oh, yes. I'm quite good actually! I just realized that Couslon and May are about to wake and I have to get back to my room before anyone sees me. I don't think Skye would let us live this down if she saw me coming out of your room in the early morning." She giggled a bit.

Leo chuckled at her last statement. He couldn't agree more with her. They just paused there to stare into each others eyes. The only light in the room was coming from Fitz's alarm clock, but it was enough to lightly illuminate each others faces.

Only when Leo cleared his throat did she realize what position she was in. She was practically straddling his hips with her legs; her hands were bunching up the front of his shirt. 

She froze. She wanted to kiss him so badly. But they needed to talk first. If she gave in, she would only dig her hole deeper.

"Well, I'm gonna go now. I'll see you downstairs later, and maybe we can talk, ok?" She swung her leg over and took the half empty mugs off his bedstand. 

Leo had the look on his face that said "Please don't go, combined with a little bit of hesitency."

She went in to give him a kiss on the cheek. She let her lips linger there a little longer then necessary, but she was feeling good. She started heading out of the room. As she reached his door, she stopped and turned around to say something to him. She wanted to start mending their friendship. 

"Leo, you trust me right?"

He nodded his head. "Yes, I will always trust you, Simmons. I really want to get out of this awkwardness that we're in."

She smiled at him. "Me too. Let's talk later today, ok?"

"Sounds great."

"See you later, Fitz." And with that she siletly closed the door to his bunk, and headed back to her own.