☾ young adult results ☾

young adult results are finally here, everyone!

thank you to the fabulous CharlieOakree for being an amazing judge!

runner up

score: 61/100

Her Copper Disguised As Gold by Stellanread

SHORT REVIEW:

Some grammatical errors and punctuation issues here and there. Pace of the book is slowed down by time spent describing mundane actions (like brushing teeth, or preparing food), actions that aren't important to the plot. Vocabulary is limited, some words used just don't make sense (like 'foodstuffs' for example). The plot is a little confusing to me. It seems very odd to me that parents would send their daughter off with some strange man to live in another country. At the same time it's interesting though, perhaps because it's so unusual to me. Certainly original. But I would have liked a more in-depth explanation. Some plotlines felt a little unrealistic, and fast-paced.

congratulations!

third place

score: 64/100

His Petal by GinaCharlotte

SHORT REVIEW:

Tiny grammatical issues here and there, and a few typos. The introduction to the plot and the characters runs a little long, slowing down the pace of the story. The photos at the top of the chapters, as well as at random places in the chapters, are a little cringy and unnecessary. After reading, I'm unable to connect the title to the story.

congratulations!

second place

score: 82/100

Salutatorian Wars by JustNicole0001

SHORT REVIEW:

Vivid and interesting characters, described in a way that they gain instant personality. Excellent vocabulary use and nearly flawless grammar. Cover could use a little work. Title is appropriate for the story, but not super catchy. Love the multicultural and LGBTQ elements. Writing style is clever and genuinely funny. Smoothly flowing dialogue, I can picture the scenes in my head like a crystal clear movie.

congratulations!

first place

score: 87/100

The Heartbreak Hypothesis by xdanielletee

SHORT REVIEW:

Minor issues, for example: you don't put a period after 'Miss'. Also a few typos.  But for the most part the grammar is immaculate, the vocabulary incredibly extensive and the phrasing beautiful and bordering on poetic. Madison's emotions are well described and very relatable. Her thoughts, carefully woven throughout the story, are really enjoyable, with just the right amount of sarcasm. The descriptive language is stunning, making the story's surroundings come to life. The dialogue flows naturally, and the back and forth between the characters is really nicely written.

congratulations!