chap 3. not waking up

Rebecca(Eva’s mom) POV

          Once Eva left, I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Call it a sixth sense or mothers intuition but I knew something wasn’t right. I told my husband about it but he said not to worry to much about it.  When I was about to leave the house phone rang.

   Dr. Reed-“Hello is this Mrs. Michaels”

   Rebecca-“yes this is she”

   Dr. Reed-“I need to inform you that your daughter Eva Michaels, has been                      

                    In a car accident”

     Rebecca-“is she going to be okay doctor”

   Dr. Reed- “I need you to come to the hospital, right away so I can tell you What is going on?”

                             Rebecca-“okay Dr.Reed I will be on my way."        

          I knew something bad would happen but I didn’t expect it to be for my daughter to get hurt. I was trying to get to the hospital as possible but I didn’t want to get pulled over either. I felt as if my heart was set on fire and I couldn’t take the heat. There was a lump in my throat and I couldn’t stop the tears that were streaming down my face at the moment. When I saw the hospital parking lot I was very relieved. I was going to find what happened to my daughter.

When I entered everything smelled so sterile and sick. I went to the reception desk so I can ask for Eva’s room. She was on the fifth floor in the ICU. In the elevator I just kept thinking if I did anything wrong that could get my Eva in such state. She is just so smart, young, independent, outgoing, care free, strong, and loyal. Eva was always a very happy baby. Now that she is an adult it’s still the same.

          Doctor Reed-“thank goodness you have arrived”

        Rebecca –“ tell me what is going on with my daughter”

    Doctor Reed-“to tell you the truth Mrs. Michaels she is in critical condition”

       Rebecca-“what do you mean critical condition?”

  Doctor Reed-“the impact of the accident, caused swelling in the brain, multiple broken bones, and some internal bleeding.”

  Rebecca-“will she recover?”

 Doctor Reed-“Mrs. Michaels I will be honest with you, Eva is very strong but her body will need to recover. Before you got here she went into a coma.”

  Rebecca-“is she going to wake up?”

   Doctor Reed -“it depends if the swelling goes down. The brain swelled up too much that it induced the coma”

      After the doctor finished saying those words everything just went blank. It was true that Eva was in a coma and that she might not wake up. I silently prayed that she wake up soon. She hasn’t done anything wrong to deserve such punishment. Eva is my only child I don’t want her to die, there are so many things that she wants to do. But deep down I know she will wake up and stronger than ever. Eva is one tough cookie that won’t be easily brought down.

____________________________________________

 Okay guys this book is a little confusing to those who don’t understand it.

 Everything that will be going is all in Eva’s mind. Hope you guys enjoy this story. I hope to have uploads weekly. Please leave your comments and votes.

 Thanks from Ally.