Ashley NO!

Ashley's pov
I can't believe I made it! Jace is coming back tomorrow! Finally I can see him in person and not on Henry Danger! I am freaking out! I've actually started doing track. I really like it. I feel free when I run and I can clear my head. Plus I'm really good at it! I have to look perfect for Jace. I just have to make it through today... I text Jace.
A I can't believe your coming home tomorrow!😄
A I can't wait to see you!
J Ashley about that...
A what
J shooting is behind and I have to stay an extra 2 weeks
A what?!😩
J I'm sorry after that we'll be far enough ahead that I can live at home and go there every day
A kk bye
J sorry bye
Great. Now I have to wait even longer to see him!

Jace's pov
Okay, I totally just faked Ashley out! I am coming home tomorrow, and so is Jamie because her school has some holiday! We decided not to tell Ashley so we could throw a surprise reunion party for her. I snuck home the next day and went to Ashley's school to find this Jake guy and get him to bring her back to her house so we could have the party. We invited a bunch of people! It is going to be great! I was going to meet Jamie at the school so we could begin our work...

Ashley's pov
I was super depressed about Jace not coming home so I lazily went to school and didn't pay attention to half my classes. Jake tried to cheer me up but nothing works. By the time the day ended Jake wanted to walk me home, but I couldn't find him. I went outside to look for him but when I went around the corner, it wasn't him that I found. There stood Jace, and Jamie talking to each other. Jamie gave Jace a hug then he held out his arm and she took it. What's going on? Why are they home? Why wouldn't they tell me? I couldn't help myself from jumping to conclusions. Jamie kissed him on the cheek. They were cheating on me! I had to clear my head so I dropped my books and ran. I heard Jace yell. "Ashley wait! Ashley!" I paid no attention. I just kept running. I ran across the road then I heard him say part of, "Ashley LOOK OUT!!!" I felt what felt like a wall hit me then everything slipped away into nothing.

Jace's pov
I got Jake to take Ashley home, but he had to meet with some teacher first. I met up with Jamie and we hugged. Then I said in a fake British accent, "Shall we go?" And held out an arm. She took it and said in the same voice. "We shall! Take this as a token of my appreciation!" Then she gave me a small kiss on the cheek. We were just joking around, but then I saw a flash of Ashley then she ran. I think she thought we were dating. "Ashley wait! Ashley!" I tried to run after her. Man she fast! Then in a flash I saw something horrible. Ashley was in the road and clearly didn't see the black Honda speeding towards her while the driver texted away. It was clear that neither knew what would happen next. I tried to stop her. "Ashley LOOK OUT!!" I tried to call, but I was too late. I saw the car hit her, and then I saw her fall. "ASHLEY NO!!!" I screamed and ran towards her. She was on the ground in the road. Motionless. Jamie was standing behind me. She looked like she was in shock. "Go call 911!" I told her, but she stood there frozen with a look of horror on her face. "NOW JAMIE GO!" I screamed and she ran to get her phone. The driver go out of the car and started yelling. "Oh my god! What have I done?! Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" Everyone was in hysterics. All I could think was that I couldn't lose her. "No Ashley! Don't go anywhere! Not like this! Please wake up Ashley! Wake up! Wake up!" She didn't seem to be breathing and I was sure I would lose her. The ambulance finally arrived and the put her in and let me ride with her. I held her hand and tried to say comforting things to her even though she couldn't hear me. Machines started beeping and the EMTs started yelling things. I knew she was dying. "No! Damnit Ashley! Come on, don't leave me! Please!" We got to the hospital and they made me wait in the waiting room. It took like three doctors to get me to that waiting room. I would never leave her side again. Jamie met me at the hospital and I hugged her and she burst into tears. "This is all my fault!" She kept saying. "I never should have been joking around! It's all my fault!" I rubbed her back and tried to calm her down. Eventually she sat down and just stared at nothing. So did I. Except I was silently crying. If I hadn't lied to her about coming back and tried to plan that stupid party none of us would be here! Her parents got here and so did me and Jamie's parents. We all sat in silence for hours without news. My parents tried to get me to go home, or at least eat something. But I would never leave Ashley's side again. Finally the doctor came out and we all jumped up. "Are you all here for Ashley summer?" He asked. "Yes!" We all said at the same time. "Well I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that she's alive. The bad news is that she has serious head trauma. I'm sorry, but Ashley is in a coma, and she may never wake up." I thought that I would drop dead right there. This all has to be some kind of sick joke! Some kind of punishment for leaving Ashley. Or some kind of nightmare that I'll wake up from soon. No, this was reality. My best friend, my girlfriend, was in a coma, and now I may never hear her speak again. They said we could go see her and I ran to her room. She was just lying there. She looked like a perfect doll. She didn't look real. She looked so peaceful, when really she was fighting a war inside right now. I grabbed her hand and sat down next to her. "Oh my god!" I breathed. Everyone wanted to give me some time so they left us alone. "So I know you think that Jamie and I are dating. We're not! We were just kidding around! We wanted to throw you a surprise party! That's why I didn't tell you about coming home. I should have just told you the truth. I'm so sorry!" I broke out crying my eyes out. It was that moment I realized that j truly love her. I love her enough to be terrified of losing her.