Chapter 14🍭

Knock knock

"Ugh, who's that...?" Tom muttered. He lazily stood up from the couch. The bell of the front door ringed loudly over and over again. "Coming! You impatient—" He stopped mid-sentence as he opened the door. "(g/n)..." He mumbled the name of the young female infront of him. Her cheeks burned red.

"Hello! Uhm...Myles..." She trailed off. Tom sighed deeply. "What about him?" He asked. "I...think I know where he is." She fiddled with her fingers. "What did you say?!" Tom tensed up.

"U-Uhmm...I-I'm not sure, but it seems like...uh..." (g/n) trailed off, looking embarrassed at the ground. "Get to the point." Tom frowned. She flinched. "It's embarrassing and weird...but I had once put a t-tracker in his jacket...I just wanted to reassure his safety! That's all! So, I put a tracker in his jacket...I lost the code which I had noted on a paper. Silly me..." (g/n) forced a chuckle before continueing. "But I found it back yesterday night!" She beamed. "I know I can't do this alone...so I need your help...Will you...umm...help me find Myles and save (y/n)?" (g/n) said.

Tom's mouth gaped open, but no words came out. He progressed everything what the girl infront of him said. "W-Well, what are we waiting for!" Tom replied with a forced smile. A smile appeared on
(g/n)'s face: "Great!"

~

Tom glanced at (g/n) in the car's rear-view mirror. She sat in the backseat. "Did you really have to dress up this much? We ain't going to a party." Tom said half jokingly. (g/n) giggled. "Just keep your eyes on the road." She replied. Tom rolled his eyes. "Of course. I'm not interested in you." Tom smirked. "Myles looks better than you." (g/n) smirked back. "No way. I'm way hotter." Tom pouted. "Nu-uh!" "You sure do like Myles, huh?" Tom said, his tone back to serious.

 (g/n) glanced out the car window. "Yes, I do." She said monotonously. "He has only seen me like dirt, though." There was a hint of sadness in her voice. Tom stayed silent. "I'm just a shadow. He doesn't even see me as a friend, let alone anything more. Am I ugly? Is my personality not good? I know for sure he ain't gay! So, what is it?" (g/n) said the last part more to herself.

"I look like shit. Right? With make-up you can atleast look at me without disgust." (g/n) laughed bitterly. "Don't say such things about yourself, girl. Myles is not the right one for you. I don't understand why you still love him..." Tom said. (g/n) ignored him.

"I wish I could switch my life with
(y/n)...I'm so jealous..." (g/n) clutched her dress in her hands. Tom frowned.

(g/n) cleared her throat. "Where is Chase and where is Liz? They were on your side, right?" (g/n) asked, changing the subject. "They will only get in the way." Tom replied. "What do you mean?" (g/n) asked. Tom stayed silent as he drove into the forest.

"We are almost there." Tom said. (g/n) nervously glanced outside. A minute or fifteen passed till Tom finally parked the car at the side. He exhaled deeply before unbuckling the seatbelt and stepping out the car. (g/n)'s hands were shaking as she fumbled with her seatbelt. Tom grabbed a baseball bat from his car. (g/n) glanced at it, but didn't say anything.

(g/n) hastily got out of the car and start walking besides Tom after he locked the car. "It's that old house..." She said. Tom took a pocketknife from his pants' pocket. "Hey...You aren't planning on hurting Myles, do you?" (g/n) frowned. She eyed the baseball bat in Tom's other hand. "Self-defense, idiot." Tom smirked. He handed (g/n) the knife. "Protect yourself. I am not your hero. I will try, but I can't promise I can protect you all the time." Tom said. He climbed over the low fence. (g/n) gulped, quickly following after him.

"W-We don't need to use violence, okay? He will listen to us." (g/n) said. Tom turned to look at (g/n). He put his hand on her shoulder. His strong grip made her flinch. "Will you shut up?" He said. His tone was dark. His eyes were fierce as they stared into (g/n)'s. She knew she should shut up. Tom was serious, more than ever. His goofy and flirty smile were no longer present on his face and his eyes seemed dull with a hint of sadism. 

The door of the old and abandoned house was locked, but it opened after Tom kicked it two times. Tom and (g/n) entered the house. A scream escaped (g/n)'s lips as a certain someone stood infront of the two out of sudden.

"Chase?"

Tom lowered the baseball bat. "Chase...What are you doing here?" Tom asked. "What are you doing here with that bitch?"  Chase asked furiously, pointing at (g/n).