Chapter 3🍭

You saw a butterfly and gasped. You ran after it, not watching your footsteps. Your feet tripped at the edge of the hill...

"(y/n)!"

...................................................................................................................................

--Myles shouted and rushed towards you. He grabbed your arm, pulling you towards him. He used too much force which caused him to fall on his back and you on your back on top of him. He groaned a little. His hand was on your stomach, keeping you in place.

You weren't hurt. You quickly got off him and Myles sat up.

Myles grabbed you by your shoulders, shaking you slightly. "Are you okay?!" He asked. You stared at him. "I'm...I'm fine." You said calmly.

"You- Y-You could've died!" Myles said, his voice shaking and his eyes tearing up. He sniffed. His reaction made you realize what actually happened, that it was very dangerous. You started crying too.

"S-sorry!" You said. Myles hugged you tightly and you quickly returned the hug. "I can't...live without you..." Myles mumbled.

Time skip, same day:

You two did a lot of fun things after that...accident.

Jake came back from university and your mother came back from work, she was free earlier than usual.

"What?!" Your mother shouted as she heard what happened. Jake's eyes slightly widened in shock. "Oh, Myles! I'm glad you were there!" Your mother said, giving Myles a quick hug. Myles patted her back.

"Tsk, it was his fault to begin with. He shouldn't have brought her to a hill." Jake scoffed, walking past Myles, bumping his shoulder slightly against his.

Myles felt his blood boiling in anger, but he couldn't do it right now...not yet.

"Ignore him, Myles. It wasn't your fault." (m/n) reassured him with a kind smile. Myles smiled a little back.

Time skip, next day:

Jake

Jake sighed. He was learning for tests. He tapped his pen on the table. As each second passed he couldn't focus. He cursed under his breath and slammed his book shut.

He suddenly got a message.

Tom:
Hey wanna hang out?

Jake:
You have those damn tests too you know.

Tom:
Whatever i learned enough Lmao

Jake:
If you say so. Ok, where?

Tom:
My house, duh

Jake:
Ok, can (y/n) come too? Dont wnt her to be alone with that freak.

Jake:
want*

Tom:
You dont trust him LOL Anyway, sure. She isnt annoying anyway

Jake:
Good i'll be there

Jake stood up.

"Hurry up." Jake said, not angry though. "Coming!" You said and ran up to him.

"Jake? I'll be leaving to- Wait, where are you two going?" (m/n) said. "She's coming with me to Tom's house." Jake replied, shoving his hands in his pants' pockets.

"But Myles really looked forward to-" (m/n) said, but got cut off by Jake. "I don't want to hear his name." He grabbed your hand and walked away with you, leaving (m/n) looking at his back in dissappointment.

You and Jake sat in Jake's car. You enjoyed the ride, chatting with Jake and the wind breezing through your hair.

"We're here." Jake said. You two got out the car and Jake rang the doorbell.

The door flew open, revealing an  enthusiastic Tom. You looked at him. He has blond golden colored hair, fair skin and light blue eyes. All girls in his class like him, but he friendzoned them. He's NOT gay, he's straight. But he didn't like them like that.

"Hey." He greeted Jake. Jake smiled at him in response. Tom looked at you.

"Well, isn't it (y/n)! Nice to see you again, girly!" He winked at you and fist-bumped with you.

"Hi!" You replied happily. "Come in guys!" Tom said.

"Your parents aren't home?" Jake asked. "Nope. They're cheating." Tom said. Jake looked at him with an 'are you serious' look while you thought what 'cheating' exactly means, the thought of cheating in a test passed your mind.

"Just kidding!" Tom said and giggled one of his cute giggles.

"What did you mean?" You asked. Tom's giggle slowly stopped as he looked at you. "Pffftt!" He bursted out laughing.

"Protect this innocent cinnamon roll, dude." Tom said.

"I'm trying." Jake casually replied, his lips curving into a little smile.

"Let's go to karaoke!" Tom suggested. "No..." Jake replied. "Awwhh, (y/n) say something!" Tom whined, turning towards you. "If I don't have to sing, I'm fine with it." You responded.

"Princess' orders! Knight Jake!" Tom joked. You laughed a little.

"Fine, fine. You know I can't-" Jake said. Tom cut him off, "You can sing!"

Tom smiled a little. "Rapping is a different story..." He said and chuckled. "I know, I'm not good at rapping." Jake said and smiled back.

"Off we go." Tom said, he took your hand in his, Jake didn't mind since he trusts Tom, unlike Myles.