Surf

RYUJIN'S POV

You know, I was originally upset

Oh so I tried to show you coldness but I can't hide it

My feelings I can't control

As if I was in the sea...

It has been the third year for me to have a crush at Yeji. But being the pathetic person I am, I couldn't even confess to her. It is not only about our DdaengDdeong friendship, but it is for the sake of OUR friendship. Me, Yuna, Chaeryeong, Jisu and Yeji. The world will not only evolve around only the two of us, but also around the other three.

"Ryujin, can you help me with this question?" one of my classmates, Lucy suddenly approached me with a paper in her hand.

While explaining The Charter of the United Nations 1945, I could feel a burning stare from my behind. Ignoring the feeling, I continued to give my best while explaining to Lucy. After she is clear from any ambiguity, she thanked me and asked me a quite shocking question.

"Can I court you?" Wow, what a really confident face you have, Lucy. I really need that level of confident for me to use on Yeji.

"I am sorry, but I am the one who is courting her." Yeji suddenly came and swung her hand around my shoulders.

"Oh, really? I thought the both of you are only bestfriends?"

"We were." She replied firmly.

She is just trying to save me from getting trapped in an unwanted conversation, right? Not because she really wants to court me, right? Okay. Inhale, exhale. Don't keep your hopes too high, Ryujin.

I feel up & down every time I ride the waves

More and more my heart beats faster and faster

When I see you K

eep up & down, going up & down

I really hate to admit it to you

It seems like love, I'm in trouble...

"Ryuddaeng? Are you here?" Yeji squeezed my right shoulder.

"Yes. I am sorry. I spaced out a bit."

"Why are you always alone when something like this happened?"

"What do you mean?" I turned my head to face her.

"Chae once told me a story about you being approached like that. And you were alone. Why don't they have the gut to confess when you are with your other friends?" She says while putting her hand away from my shoulder.

"At least they are not a coward, Yeddeong."

"Yes, you are right. How I wish I could confess to someone. But being a chickenshit I am, I couldn't even spit any word to confess to her. We are always together, though." She sighed while taking a seat in front of the halls.

"Do you have someone in your heart, Yeddeong?"

"Yes. It has been quite a while now. I could say that she didn't even pay a cent for rentals. She basically had been spending the whole year in my mind. Without fail."

'Is this a sign for me to move on from her?'

"Who is the lucky one, Yeddeong?" I leaned in to lay my head on her shoulder.

"Someone that I know."

"Do I know her too, Yeddeong?"

"I guess so."