𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Start from the beginning

"Apricot, come on you gotta eat." Jo whined as she kept following the cat with the food every it went. Apricot just meowed in response but was still reluctant to eat. Jo huffed and looked at the food that looked like blended meat that was compressed. "It can't be that bad." She said mostly to herself and lifted the cat food to her face and gagged at the smell. "God, that's awful. No wonder why you won't eat it." She said.

"Are you having a conversation with the cat?" Nathan asked as he came back to the living with the pizza they ordered.

"I'm sure cats understand language." Jo said, making Nathan confused and concerned. "And what Apricot is telling me is that she hates her food." She said grabbing a slice of pizza and ripping the cheese off and laid it down in front of Apricot.

Nathan raised a brow. "So you're giving her pizza? Can cats even eat that?"

"My homeless neighbor cat did. I also bought it a slice from the counter cart." She said watching as Apricot stiff the pizza just before she started eating it. "Yes! Good girl!" She said petting the cat and got up off the floor to sit beside Nathan on the couch.

He handed her a slice a pizza before getting his own. "To your homeless neighbor cat," he stopped not knowing that name.

"Hermaphrodite." Jo said.

Nathan nearly choked on the pizza. "Who named it that!"

"What? I did. I didn't know if it was a girl or boy so I could properly name it." she explained insecurely making Nathan laugh hard.

"You couldn't give it a unisex name?"

"I was five and going through a biology phase." She grumbled leaning back into the couch and ate her pizza.

Nathan chuckled, "Awe, you were a nerdy five-year-old. I'd kill to see photos."

" Too bad, they are miles away." She said sarcastically. "I had these ugly purple glasses that were too small for my face and missing front teeth. Not my greatest look."

"I bet Luke probably has some."

Jo's eyes widened, "No, no, he doesn't."

"Now you are feeding my curiosity." He said with an amused smirk.

Jo glared at him. "If you ask Luke, I will ask your mom to show me your embarrassing childhood photos. And you know she would gladly show me." She threatened.

"Fine, no embarrassing photos." He put his hands up in defeat, even though he plans on asking Luke when she wasn't around.

Jo studied him, before hitting his shoulder. "Liar! Lorelai!" She said yelling out the open window.

"Okay! Okay, I promise not to ask!"

❀❀❀

"Apricot, shut up." Jo whined as she was trying to get some sleep. She buried her head into the pillow as she slept on the couch. Apricot had been meowing for hours and wouldn't sleep at all.

"I thought you said cats could comprehend language?" Nathan groaned.

Jo sighed and stood up carefully not to trip over Nathan, who insisted to sleep on the floor since the house and no guest rooms. "This cat might be dumb." She grumbled and sat on the floor in front of Apricot and start to pet her. "Why are you crying? I thought we were friends? Amigas, cheetahs, friends for life. The rhythm and each other that's what keeps us tight. Amigas, cheetahs, living the dream. Nothing's ever gonna come between us, Amigas." She sang half asleep. Apricot just meowed in response and licked her hand.