7. Penny for your Thoughts - Angst/Fluff Long

Start from the beginning

"I'm coming right now." Peter responded, already out of the apartment and rushing down the stairs. You sniffled again and cursed yourself in your head. Was that how sex went? If it was, you wouldn't ever want to try it. "Thank you." You mumbled into the phone, taking a seat on the concrete, under the shade. When you glanced back up, you could see that Cole's friends had already left, which made you sigh in relief.

Why'd you call Peter? You questioned yourself. He didn't need to be dragged into this; it'll only make things worse for you. He was so kind to you as well, making you wish you had never even dated Cole. "No, don't thank me. I'll always be there for you." He whispered back over the phone, rushing over to the school. He was already changed into his suit, making it faster and easier for him to get there.

He swung past everything fast, listening to your sniffles and feeling a deep pit in his stomach. He's loved you for years, and seeing you upset was hard for him. Knowing it was probably the jackass you dated made him upset too. Cole was never nice to you or anyone else, it made Peter confused as to why you would choose him. You deserved the world, and you picked a jackass that was equivalent to a wannabe Joker kid.

Peter huffed out a few breaths as he landed in an alley, quickly changing back into his clothes and shoving his suit in his bag. He then rushed out, crossing the street to go to the school. When he saw you, he felt his heart sink at your tears. "Y/n!" He called out your name, quickly running to you. When you looked up to him and sent him a small sad smile, he frowned, feeling your emotions in him. You stood up, making Peter wrap his arms around you in a hug.

"Cole tried to...I said no and left." You mumbled as you hugged Peter back. He dropped his hands in shock, pulling back and shaking his head, surprised. "What the fuck?" He questioned, blinking his eyes and furrowing his eyebrows together.

You shrugged back to him, not wanting to say anything else and wiped your tears again. "Did he hurt you?" Peter asked, looking down at your neck and your arms. You shook your head, "No, it's...I don't know. Is sex supposed to be so casual?" You paused, frowning hard as another wave of cries started to build in you.

"Did- are, Peter are you a virgin?" You whispered, glancing up to him, as he leaned in and placed a soft hand on one of your cheeks. "Yeah, I am. Sort of scares me, I just want it to be with the right person." He mumbled back, feeling his anger at Cole raise to its boiling point.

You sighed in relief, but also felt more disappointed that Cole did that to you. You felt almost disgusted with yourself for even listening to him. "Me too...I can't- fuck. That fucking jerk," You muttered back, tears rushing down again. Peter wiped them away softly with his thumb, shaking his head back to you.

"Cole is an asshole. I- I'm sorry. Fuck, I'm going to kill him! Or at least just scream at him." Peter bit back, letting his anger show slightly. You pushed back a sad grin to him, finding it comforting, and you pulled him into another hug.

You breathed in deeply, feeling right in Peter's arms. He was always so warm and soft, and loving. You squeezed your eyes shut, shuddering out another silent cry as Peter squeezed you tighter into the hug. "Peter..." You trailed off, feeling unable to hide your feelings anymore. What were you supposed to do? In this moment, right here, you felt safe, and you wanted to just get it out. It felt like a splinter, trying to come out.

Peter hummed back to you, feeling his heart start to race as you kissed his shoulder softly, fast. He squeezed his eyes closed as well, trying to calm himself down, "Penny for your thoughts?" He chuckled out, feeling your head settle against him. You giggled back, feeling a bump of happiness after what happened. "I think my thoughts are worth more than pennies, Peter." You paused, sniffling a little.