Ginny Weasley was fighting another Death Eater.

"Crucio, Crucio, Crucio!" The Death Eater called.

"Impendimenta!" Harry yelled. The spell hit the Death Eater and he flew upward, banging against the wall.

"Harry!" Ginny cried. "Where did you come from?"

But he ignored her and ran past her. I immediately knew what he was doing. He was going after Snape. And he was probably going to go after Draco too.

I ran after him, leaving Ginny behind. We passed by many people dueling with Death Eaters. We made our way outside.

I could see that Hagrid's cabin was on fire. Hagrid was trying to put the fire out while simultaneously fighting the Death Eaters off. Snape and Draco were running away toward the gate.

"Petrificus Totalus!" someone yelled.

The spell hit me square in the back. I crumpled to the floor, paralyzed. I couldn't move anything except for my eyes. I couldn't see who had casted it.

"Stupefy!" Harry yelled, pointing his wand at Snape. The spell missed Snape's head by inches.

"Draco, run!" Snape called.

"Cruc—" Harry began, but Snape blocked the curse. I couldn't believe that Harry would be trying to use illegal spells on a teacher.

"No Unforgivable Curses for you, Potter!" Snape snapped. "You haven't got the nerve or the ability—"

"Incarc—"

Snape blocked the spell again.

"Fight back!" Harry roared. "Fight back, you coward—"

"Coward, did you call me, Potter? Your father would never attack me unless it was four on one, what would you call him, I wonder?" Snape shouted.

I desperately tried to move my limbs under the spell, but they wouldn't budge.

"Impe—" Harry began.

"Crucio!" another voice shouted.

I could hear Harry fall onto the floor and scream in agony.

"Stop!" Snape shouted. "Potter belongs to the Dark Lord! Go! Go!"

"Sectum—"

That was the same spell that Harry had used on Draco in the bathroom.

"You dare use my own spells against me, Potter? It was I who invented them. I am the Half-Blood Prince! And you'd turn my inventions on me, just like your pathetic father—"

I had no idea what Snape was talking about. Who was the Half-Blood Prince?

"Kill me then!" Harry screamed. "Kill me like you killed Dumbledore, you coward!"

"DON'T CALL ME A COWARD!" Snape bellowed.

"He trusted you, Dumbledore trusted you! And this is what you do to repay—"

There was a few more sparks as spells flew, and then I heard Snape run away from Harry.

Harry got to his feet. "Evangeline, Evangeline! Are you all right?"

He hurried over to me. I had just started to regain my movement.

I sat up. "Yeah, yeah, I think I'm fine."

He reached his hand out and I took it gratefully. He pulled me up. Snape and Draco were already gone. They had Disapparated.

"HAGRID!" Harry yelled. "HAGRID!"

He stumbled over to Hagrid's hut, which was still on fire. "Are you all right?"

"Course I am," Hagrid replied. "Are you all right?"

"Fine," Harry replied, grimacing.

I slowly walked over to the two of them. "You should put out your house, the incantation's Aquamenti," I suggested.

"Knew it was summat like that," Hagrid said and pulled out a pink umbrella. "Aquamenti!"

Harry and I got out our wands and repeated the spell. We managed to extinguish the house, though it was still a complete wreck.

"S' not too bad. Nothin Dumbledore won' be able ter put righ'," Hagrid mumbled.

My heart dropped in my stomach. "Hagrid..."

"What happened, anyway?" Hagrid asked. "I saw em Death Eaters runnin down from the castle, but why was Snape with em?"

"Hagrid..." Harry said. "Hagrid, he killed..."

"Killed?" Hagrid said. "Snape killed? What are yeh on about?"

"Snape killed Dumbledore," I finished.

Harry glanced at me and gave me a small smile.

"Don' be stupid," Hagrid said, looking at me in disbelief. "Snape couldn't have killed Dumbledore

"We saw it happen," Harry said.

"No," Hagrid muttered. "You couldn't have..."

"We did, Hagrid," I stated.

Hagrid shook his head, ignoring what we said. "We should get back ter the school."

We followed Hagrid up to the school. There was a crowd gathering in a place in the grass. That must be where Dumbledore's body is...

"What're they all lookin at? What's that?" Hagrid asked.

We pushed past everyone, and Harry walked forward and leaned down next to Dumbledore's body.

He was dead.

It had just hit me. Dumbledore was dead.

Guilt gathered up in my chest. I had known that he was going to die, and I had just let it happen.

What's wrong with me?