𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

Start from the beginning

"What are the criteria?"

Bokuto pursed his lips, looking at you intently.

"She must be [height] tall, [color] hair, born in [month] and have [surname] as her last name."

You glanced at Akaashi who was placing his palm on his forehead.

"That... was oddly specific, huh? No wonder you haven't got anybody."

"Because I don't want anybody else."

He jumped down from the table, his forehead creased.

"You may not know it, but you are the most thoughtful and generous manager I've ever known. Even more than that. If any girl in this school possesses the same character, it won't mean much to me, because they're not you. They will never be you."

He stormed out of the classroom before giving you a chance to counter his words.

Akaashi who heard the whole thing sighed and sauntered over to you.

"Sorry, I tried."

"It's fine," he scratched his head in desperation, "I'll just work something out."

"Does the coach know about him being like this?"

Akaashi nodded, "He told everyone to continue practice regardless, which sometimes is not entirely efficient since Bokuto-san wouldn't be serious about it."

Turned out you meant a lot to Bokuto more than you imagined, although he was a little childish about it.

Maybe you should ask Satsuki to alter the work schedule so you could attend practice. It was for the sake of everyone on the team.

"Hey," Akaashi waved a hand in front of you when you were spacing out, "[surname], don't think about it too much. Bokuto-san can't be like that forever."

"I know," you murmured.

Akaashi crossed his arms, wasn't very convinced.

"[surname]! The baseball club is looking for you."

"Hm?" you got up and left the bun on the table.

Akaashi stayed on your table but his gaze followed you out the door attentively. He knew what the baseball club was like. He thought of it as bad news, especially if it's concerning their team captain.

You had no close relationship with the team so you had no idea what the members were like.

You met a boy in the hallway, about the same height and as attractive as Akaashi. His sleek black hair was hidden underneath his baseball cap. His dimple appeared on his cheek once he saw you.

"Yo, [surname]," he approached you with a charming smile.

"Hello. Can I help you?"

He tipped his cap, "I'm Nakano. The baseball team captain. Nice to meet you."

You studied his appearance and found a folded paper in between his fingers.

"Sorry to interrupt your break time, let me make this short."

He opened the paper in his hand, "I heard you are no longer the manager of the volleyball team. Well, the baseball club is still looking for one so I was wondering if you'd like to join."

He bowed lightly, offering you the registration form.

"I'm sorry, I have to decline. I have a reason for quitting. I have many first years acquaintances though, I could tell them that you are recruiting then―"

"We have tried to recruit the first years but it went unsuccessful. They were incapable of committing to a club and then that's when I thought of the right person. I thought of you."

"Sorry, Nakano-san. I really can't. I won't be able to attend practice even if I joined."

His smile faltered, only showing emptiness that was concealed with his lively aura.

"Ah, you got nothing to worry about, [surname]. We can manage the practice's schedule so you could make time. Why don't I show you around the club room first?"

He grasped your wrist and took you downstairs

"Nakano-san? Where are we going?"

"I'll escort you back to your classroom. We won't be long."

He led you to the other side of the school building where the baseball field was. He slid open the clubroom and pulled you in with pride.

"Here we are. This is where we store most of our props. We sometimes even had a nap here after practice. The changing room is over there and the field-oh the field! You're going to love it."

He eagerly guided you around but you had no intentions to keep up with this. At the end of the day, you could never picture yourself as one of them.

"It's... lovely, Nakano-san."

"I know right? Then-"

"Nakano-san, my answer is still no. I really, really can't be part of a club at the moment. Everything seems nice, but I can't see myself committing to this club. I'm very sorry."

You bowed politely, hoping you had expressed your sincere opinion without offending him.

He went silent. You made your way toward the exit when you thought he finally understood.

"Wait!"

He gripped your wrist once more, dragging you away from the door. With a smooth motion, he spun you around so you were facing him.

"Look, [surname]. I... I can't give you up. You are my only hope, I- need your help." He pleaded.

"The thing is... I'm not worthy as a captain. Nobody listens to me anymore so I thought; a manager would keep them in shape! I'm counting on you, [surname]."

The radiant smile that was before had turned into something mad.

"So would you please. accept. my offer?"

His words sounded more like a threat than a request.

The pity you had for him completely vanished when he tried to push into a wall. He had you wrapped in his arms and his grips tightened around your small hand.

"Get off of me!"

You kicked his legs to no avail. He was taller, bigger, and stronger than you. He had you cornered and you failed to see an escape in this situation.

He chuckled seeing your little effort like the sick man that he was. He breathed in your neck on purpose while you tried so hard to stay away from his body.

You bristled, hands quivering in fear.

"You reacted as if you're so disgusted." His voice went rough, "Imagine if Akaashi's the one doing this."

The mention of Akaashi's name caused you to unwittingly picture the scenario in your head. Your cheeks went tinted rose from the flash of image you just had.

Getting the reaction he wanted, he continued, "See, you'd go along with no resistance."

"The only difference with me is that I will have full consent."

You heard a different voice answering him from behind.

A hand wrenched Nakano's shoulder with great strength. He toppled backward and crashed onto a nearby cabinet

***