Twenty-Two

Amelia stood in the doorway of their shared bedroom in Kensington Apartment 1B. Watching her fiancé pack his bags. She had her arms crossed while Harry walked across the room with clothes in his arms, placing them on the bed and folding them the way he'd been taught when he was young by his mother.

"You know, you can say no." Amelia said

"And be frowned upon by my country? Lia, we talked about this, I thought you were fine with my decision?" Harry spoke

"I am, but there's always this nagging side in my brain saying you might not come home because I couldn't manage to keep you here." She said

"Now, you don't listen to that side of your brain, you just have faith that I'll return okay?" Harry said placing the clothes into his bag and walking towards his fiancé. The woman who'd stolen his heart all those years ago, and still managed to take his breath away to this day. The blonde woman looked up at him as he placed his feet a distance away from hers and opened his arms. She smiled, before going in for the hug with her fiancé.

"I'll miss this." Harry spoke

"Henry Charles Albert David, you don't get to miss me. You, need to focus on your country, I'll be fine I promise. I have Kate and Will to help me pass the time, soon you'll be home again and in my arms." Amelia said, Harry smirked as he pulled his girl closer

"In your arms for three days?" He asked cheekily, Amelia rolled her eyes but the smile hasn't disappeared either. She was going to miss his little humorous jokes that got her through the long days. However she knew that her soon to be brother-in-law and sister-in-law/ cousin would keep her entertained in the long weeks where he would be on the other side of the world. Out of reach.

"Maybe, if you protect this country well and return safely, you might just get your own personal reward." Amelia spoke, Harry raised his eyebrows at her before cheekily slapping her ass as she pulled away from the hug and walked out of the room. Stopping him from potentially starting something he might not be able to finish.

Amelia walked into the living room to find that Kate had let herself into the apartment.

"I hope you two weren't up to something I just missed?" Kate said

"Nothing cheeky, what are you doing here?" Amelia asked,

"I'm waiting on Will, we're saying goodbye to Harry here, I know that Granny suggested to us it was better for the public if it was just you saying goodbye to Harry at the airport, she said something about showing your independance?" Kate said, Amelia nodded. Not surprised that Elizabeth had suggested it to Kate and Will. The door opened just as Kate finished her sentence. Both woman looked at the door and Kate smiled, Amelia noticed out of the corner of her eye her cousin's body language when her husband walked into the room. Will smiled at both of the woman standing in front of him. He loved his wife a little bit more than his best friend, but he cared for both of them all the time, he knew that Amelia was the woman for his brother who he would love for the rest of his life.

"Hey beautiful ladies." He spoke as he closed the apartment's door. Footsteps receeded behind Amelia and arms wrapped around her body, pulling her closer to him. Even though his brother and sister-in-law were present he knew that they didn't care if they displayed public affection in front of them. They'd all been friends for years before any sort of engagement or marriage topics had been discussed.

Amelia and Harry found this easy when being in a room with just Kate and Will, they believed that they could show their affection in front of them without being judged which made a big difference. They kept their affection to a minimum around the Queen and Prince Philip as they knew that they didn't 'approve' of it but liked very little potential contact between each of them when in a professional meeting, and with the Queen almost every meeting was professional.