Chapter 92: Curse

Start from the beginning

" We still do not know the details but it seems Gasper stopped time before the 3 of them got caught up with the explosion."

" I can't believe something like this happened in our school grounds." Sona remarked. " Wait, where's Rias?"

Koneko and Gasper looked down and the Goddess kicked the ground in frustration.

"Shit.. that thing.. We weren't able to do anything." She mumbled with gritted teeth.

Azazel and Rossweisse headed their way and the other members greeted them in surprise.

"Valhalla sent over an emergency message to Rossweisse. Loki did this."

" What did you say?" Erin shot up in shock.

_________________________________________

" A fake Erin?" Akeno uttered in surprise and Gasper nodded. He and Koneko explained the earlier events once they reached home.

" It's true. I saw her as well. She knocked me unconscious."

" Hai. She practically had the same aura as Erin-senpai." added Koneko

" The same?" Kiba interjected.

" Yes. If the real Erin-senpai wasn't in front of me, I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference."

" Are you sure that Loki is behind this?" Issei asked Azazel and the latter nodded.

"It seems the man himself said so. Odin interrogated him and Loki implied his plans."

" Why did he do such thing?" Irina asked.

" Loki placed a curse on Rias and Erin-chi. According to him, it was because Sirzechs sent his own little sister to battle while the other leaders decided to entrust their hope and Mjolnir on Erin-chi."

" That is such a petty excuse." Akeno shook her head. "Just because he was mad and couldn't accept the leaders' decision, he'll go along and cause another problem."

" We should have killed that puny God when we had the chance." Tsubaki growled while Azusa silently agreed.

" After he spoke to Odin, he placed a seal over himself."

" How cowardly!" Xenovia uttered.

" What Loki did... It is a lot more effective than engaging us on a battle head on." Kiba had a glint in his eye. " I suffered a long time myself. A curse is more draining than receiving physical damage from an enemy."

" W-What is Loki's motive for doing all of this?" Gasper asked.

" Ragnarok and the Twilight of the Gods.." Azazel spoke in a serious tone. "He wants to destroy this world."

" Ano.. where is Erin-san?" Asia said as she looked around.

" Rossweisse is speaking with her."

The Goddess was currently on the veranda and Rossweisse explained the details about the curse

" Curse?"

" Hai. It seems he placed curses on you and Rias-san right before his capture."

" So that must be the tingling sensation I felt." Erin thought.

" Curses attack and eat away at a person's heart. Somewhere deep within you that you might not even realize it. Loki used those feelings against you and Rias-san."

Erin gasped and Rossweisse noticed this.

" Can you think of something?"

" I'm probably scared." Erin said in a serious tone as she turned away from Rossweisse.

" That's right. I'm scared of creating a deeper bond and being intimate with someone. I'm scared that the same tragic events from the past would happen once I get too close to someone."  She released a sigh and looked at the sky

"It's not that I'm being dense to what those girls and other people feel about me.. I'm just scared that they get hurt and that's why I don't want to accept them."

" You don't have to force yourself to speak about it." Rossweisse said once the Goddess went silent.

" I'm sorry."

" No. I should apologize as well. I was ordered to confirm Loki's words. I'm sorry if I came off as insensitive."

" Based on how curses work, does this mean that Rias also have some doubts in her heart? And that's what Loki used to lure her into a spell?"

"You will have to ask her directly about that." Rossweisse looked down and had a sad expression. " No.. that doubt might be too deep that she doesn't even realize what that is."

"With her dignified and collected persona... is there something dark within her heart that is enough to consume her whole being?"

Erin looked up at the sky and the moon shined amidst the darkness.

" Just like the moon, we were only focused on the light you give off that we failed to remember that you also have your dark sides.."

A melancholic glint passed through her eyes and the Goddess whispered in the night breeze.

" I failed to notice and understand you better. I'm sorry..... Rias.."

- End of Chapter -