Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hey, hey, don't diss us, okay? Girls are twice as confusing." He said, glaring at me. I rolled my eyes, and continued walking towards the house.

"Whatever you say." I said, walking up the steps of Evan's front porch.

Ricky rung the door bell. We waited for a few moments, but there was no answer. Ricky grunted, and pressed the bell rapidly, more than enough times.

"Oh, would you just be patient?" I whacked his hand, causing his arm to fall to his side. He winced, rubbing his hand. I heard thumps coming from inside the house, and suddenly the door swung open. Evan's eyes traveled from me to Ricky, now opening wide in surprise. He fidgeted in his place for a few moments before opening his mouth to speak.

"Oh, uh, hi guys." He croaked out, pretending to be sick. He pretended to clearing his throat, and if I didn't know better, I probably would've thought he was actually sick. "Listen, I don't want to get you guys sick, so-"

"We know you're lying, dude." Ricky cut him off. I nodded my head, crossing my arms across my chest.

"I saw you skateboarding this morning, and you were perfectly okay. What's going on, Ev?" I said, my eyebrows raising.

"It's nothing." Evan replied, shrugging.

"Oh come on, something's up. Just tell us, man." Ricky grunted. Evan sighed, and gestured for us to enter his house.

We both went in, the warm air hitting us. We walked upstairs, and headed to his room. He twisted the door open, revealing the same old room from when we were little. It had the same blue walls, some posters of planets and other science related things on them. Although he also liked sports, Evan has always been interested in science. He was pretty much a genius at any science subject; Astronomy, Biology, Earth Science, Chemistry, Physics, you name it. The guy mastered it all. He was basically our personal teacher, as he knew more about the subject than any of the ones at school.

"Sit down, guys." He commanded the both of us. We did as we were told, and Evan sat down as well, facing us.

"So? What's wrong?" I asked, looking at him concerned. Evan ran a hand through his light brown hair.

"I just- I don't know. I'm just jealous." He sighed, rolling around a basketball on his bed. Ricky and I looked at each other, confused.

"Jealous of what?" Ricky asked, his eyebrows shooting up.

"All four of you are all paired up, and i'm just here, lonely as hell. It gets awkward and sad sometimes, you know?" He continued smacking around the ball.

"You have us, Evan. The only ones paired off are Francesca and Jon. We're still with you." I reassured him. I couldn't believe he felt lonely all this time. I didn't even realize it. Evan's head shot up at us, rolling his eyes.

"You're kidding, right?" He said, eyeing us both.

"You guys are too busy flirting with each other to even notice what's going on most of the time." He chuckled. My cheeks flushed bright red and as I glanced towards Ricky, I could see his were too.

"And Francesca? Well, she's too busy making out with my other best friend to even notice I exist anymore. I miss hanging out with her without Jon interrupting us by kissing her and hugging her and sometimes I just wish that I could be the one to- " he rambled. My eyes went wide as I realized what was going on. All the pieces finally fit together.

"You have a crush on Francesca!" I screamed, undergoing an epiphany.

"What?" Evan and Ricky both shouted at the same time. I got up from the bed, and re-established my thoughts.