one, metamorphosis.

Start from the beginning

"i don't mean to state the obvious, but we're just floating out to sea. all of us." the mysterious girl smiled and pulled something from her pocket. "you took that."

the girl walked over to the motor, causing cleo to move out of the way. she looked over at the zane and his friend by the harbor and sat down. "zane bennett's a pig. anything i can do to get under his skin can't be a bad thing, can it?"

she leaned over to the motor and plugged in the spark plug she had stolen. cleo nodded in agreement, "cool, thanks, rikki." she looked over at the girl in surprise. "you know my name." she stated.

"yeah, well, i've seen you around school, since you arrived." rikki grabbed the motor cover and put it back on. "oh, i mean, i've meant to say hello and everything." rikki obviously ignored everything she said.

"hold on," she turned the motor on and returned back to the harbor. "we're not just gonna give them back the boat that easily right?" laura asked. rikki looked back at her with a smirk. "what do you think?"

laura smiled and sat back in her seat. when they passed by zane, rikki revved up the engine and turned the boat around, sending a large spray of water flying towards him. the girls laughed while zane looked at them in shock.

"yeah!" cleo shouted, while nate laughed but soon stopped once zane looked at him.

rikki tapped laura's shoulder and went faster making cleo squeal. she steered around the waterways of the gold coast. as they were passing the canal cleo saw emma watching them.

"hey, emma, want a ride?" cleo called out. rikki slowed down as they got closer. "are you licensed?" are asked. "are you my mother?" rikki replied back.

emma shook her head irritated by the young girl's response but ended up joining them anyway.

"wanna go out to sea?" rikki asked, the three girls. "isn't it dangerous in a park this size?" emma protested. "chill out," rikki kept going straight passed the harbor and into the open sea.

🧜‍♀️

the four girls were sitting, in the middle of nowhere while rikki was trying to start the engine. "are we chilled out yet?" emma glared at her. "so we're floating, it's not like we're sinking." rikki shrugged.

"not yet,"

rikki sighed while cleo looked nervously at the huge sea. "i think we're out of fuel. feel like paddling to that island?" rikki pointed towards the only piece of land for miles.

"mako island?" laura scoffed, dismissing her suggestion. "forget it," emma said. rikki must've been out of her mind to to suggest going to that island.

"no one goes there. it's surrounded by sharks, and reefs, and mangroves." cleo informed her. "well, it's all we've got." rikki picked up a paddle and held it for emma to take.

reluctantly, emma took the paddle while rikki took the other and begin paddling towards mako island. once they reached land the girls got off the boat and pulled it to shore.