Chapter 61-Near death

Start from the beginning

I opened my eyes to be blinded by the bright light in whatever room I was in, a beeping noise coming from my side.

Once my eyes adjusted to the bright room, I noticed it wasn't like any hospital room I've been in, it looked way more futuristic than the ones in New York and D.C.

I groaned trying to sit up, until I noticed a shiny black metal taking up the place of my left arm. My heart started to race at the sight, what happened? Did hydra get me. My jaw tightened as I did my best to pull myself up so I was now sitting ups

I stepped onto my feet shakily, the door opened. "Mister Miller, you shouldn't be up?" There stood a dark skin girl with long braided hair. She had on a white dress the went down just under her knees.

Two other girls stood near her, both wearing red and gold warrior uniforms, bald with some kind of tattoos on their head, a long Speer in the hands.

I backed away. "Who are you? And what did you do to me?" It was strange, I had no feelings in my left arm except I could move it at will.

"You had an accident, it's okay we helped you." She tried to convince me but I didn't buy it, I can't.  The last thing I remember was a tone of metal falling onto me.

"No, I don't trust you." I held my hand up for her to stop advancing forward. She nodded. "Okay, would you like to to get your friend captain Rogers?"

I froze in confusion. "Steve, he's here? Where's he?"

"Okoye, please go get captain Rogers" the guard known as okoye nodded leaving the room.

The girl turned back to me giving me a warm smile. "I'm Shuri, sister of T'challa. I helped you. If you had come here hours later then you did you might as well of been dead" she spoke calmly.

"Here" she reached behind her, grabbing a mirror, she tuned it to me and I finally saw why my jaw feels different, it was metal along with my left ear that was missing. I slowly picked up my flesh hand, the metal felt cold against my hand. A shocked look on my face. "In my opinion I think you look pretty badass." shuri complemented, she seams nice.

I looked at my arm, moving it around so I can see the whole thing. "Uh, h-how does it work?" Shuri opened her mouth to answer but was interrupted by Steve walking into the room. She smiled. "Meet me at the lab and I'll explain the rang of your 'enhancement'" Shuri nodded respectfully.

"Wait, my clothes?" I hate being in a hospital gown.

"In the restroom" Shuri pointed to a door a few feet from me, before fully leaving the room.

"Thanks" I went into the restroom changing into a new pair of clothes, jeans, combat boots and a black shirt. It hurt to move so it took a a little while before I exited the restroom Steve stood by the door. "How you feeling?" He asked.

"Like shit." I chuckled. "This jaw feels normal but doesn't look normal" I sighed sitting down the bed. "Where's Bucky?"

"He's good, lost his metal arm but he's there, actually he's going under ice again, he wanted to wait till he saw you before he went under" Steve explained, he pulled out a note from his pocket handing it to Elliott. "What's this?"

Steve smiled. "Natasha and rica couldn't make it because of Ross so she gave me that, to give it to you."

I ripped open the envelope, taking out the paper.