Episode 1: Along Came A Spider Part 1

There is no such thing as normal. It is merely an illusion by those in denial that the world they live in isn't what it used to be. From the earliest tales of man there have been stories of strange feats men and women alike doing something akin to an animal. Whether or not it was true remains to be seen, but the first documented supernatural event happened in ancient Egypt. A man came into contact with a strange meteorite and became the first of what we call mutants. His name was Abin Sur, but gained the name Apocalypse. He had many children in his bloodline that scattered the earth, and their children had children, and the world was never the same. People were born with random powers and ostracized for it. This continued until world war 2 where the first superpowered hero came to the scene. He was Captain America, and while he wasn't a mutant he was the first step to legitimizing superpowered humans. He disappeared one day, but we'll get to that soon. Though with every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and it came in the form of a Holocaust survivor angered on what humanity had done to him and his kind.

Fear of mutants and powers began anew, but a friend of this survivor formed a group of mutants to protect humanity and show the normal people that mutants could live peacefully. They were the X-Men. The war changed when four brave astronauts were caught in a cosmic wave and became the first superhero team known as the Fantastic Four. This seemed to be an awakening because suddenly people with powers started showing up left and right. Years later the world was thrown a curveball when we found out we were not alone. Aliens and demons were real, and magic and giant monsters were thrown in for good measure. The world we once knew was no longer with us. This is what people live through, and with the new world causes concerns about everything trying to get them.

Some of the Earth's greatest heroes created two groups that would defend the planet from the greatest threats. They were the Avengers and the Justice League. Out in the cosmos there were defenders like the Nova Corps, S.W.O.R.D, the Green Lantern Corps, and the Guardians of The Galaxy. Despite their resounding success there were two threats that nobody was prepared for. The first threat was a powerful godlike figure named Galactus. His desire was to consume the Earth in order to sustain himself, and with the help of his herald the Silver Surfer that would've happened. A long battle was held with Superman, Thor, The Fantastic Four, and a betrayal by the Silver Surfer that was able to hold him back long enough for Mr. Fantastic to find a way to appease him without sacrificing Earth. A dimension called the Negative Zone was discovered that had unlimited energy he could feed off, and would ascend his powers to new heights. Moved by the fortitude of all that faced him and the kindness they gave to him, Galactus promised to end his killing ways. Now a friend to Earth and the universe as a whole he left, but in one last act of cruelty punishes the Surfer for his betrayal by banning him from his home planet and Earth as a place to live. Galactus also gave a strange warning to the heroes of Earth that one day there would be a mandatory call to action, and whomever was summoned had no choice but to participate.

After the Galactus incident more years went by without much of a hitch. However a threat that only the Avengers knew of struck precisely one year ago. Not much is known, only that everyone with the exception of the Avengers and Fantastic four were rendered unconscious. By the time everyone was awakened the battle was long over. Most of the property that was damaged was being repaired, and it was almost like nothing happened....almost. There was a cost that dealt a blow to the hero community. The Avenger known as Wasp tragically lost her life. The glue that held the team together was dissolved, and so were they. Bruce Banner, the Hulk, went awol and vanished. They are still searching for him to this day. Thor left Earth and returned to Asgard to help balance the realms. Hank Pym, known as Antman and husband of Wasp quit going out on duty with the team, but still helps behind the scenes. Black Widow also quit and works for S.H.I.E.L.D full time.