THE PROPOSAL

Taylor and Joe were lazily lying down in bed just relaxing ready to go to sleep;  playing with his hands when she asked." Joe I have been meaning to ask you something. Remember the meeting in dad's conference room? You answered a call and you said "I love you" to the person on the other  line. Then I overheard you again in the beach house saying sweet things and professed your love to another person . Who were those people.?"

Joe sat up in bed with a sweet smile on his face" you have nothing to worry about. That was Lucy. She always demands that I tell her "I love you" whenever we talk on the phone and that she is the prettiest;  just wanted to be assured that she's loved. Maybe the lack of a mother since birth  is the reason for this. We give her all the love and support everyday."

"Oh, I am relieved, But I also feel for Lucy. I love that girl so much. She has one  more person who  loves her me." She paused for a while; "Joe another question, do you  have a relationship  with Lori the chef that you mentioned? Is she an ex girlfriend, a fling, a hook up?"

" My love, Lori is the wife of my business partner. She has never been a girlfriend, a fling or a hook up. I never had any serious relationship before you. It's only you and I love you so much".

" I love you too Joe" kissing him gently on the lips.

" Come here" pulling her into his arms; kissing her head." Let's go to sleep, we have a lot to do tomorrow".

After breakfast they left for the city in order to beat traffic. The car carrying the parents stopped by the farmers' market to stock up on veggies, fruits, spices, flowers and other essentials they need for cooking the big feast planned for the next day. Taylor and Joe took Lucy with them must to the delight of the little girl.

The next day, Elizabeth was chauffeured into the Swift's apartment early in the morning in order to cook with Andrea for the the special occasion at dinner time. Andrea did a house tour with Elizabeth who was very impressed with what she saw. As they passed the last room, Elizabeth noticed awards, medals and trophies on glass enclosed cases. She saw Taylor's name in almost all of the awards and a few that belonged to Austin. " That's why I'm so proud of them" "Andrea said humbly. 

The two ladies spent the whole day cooking  with a short time out for lunch. By 6:30 pm Richard, Tom and Lucy arrived and were all surprised by the volume of food being served. Taylor and Joe walked in hand in hand at 7pm and the family partake of the sumptuous food. 

The family gathered in the parlor for coffee and drinks while Lucy had a glass of smoothie. They engaged in healthy conversations involving everyone. Taylor noticed that the parents are more animated and seemed excited. 

Joe was sitting beside her holding and squeezing her hands nervously. He kept looking at her lovingly with a sweet smile on his face. Then he stood up pulling her unto her feet. He knelt in front of her and opened a blue box " Taylor Allison Swift, you are the love of my life and you own me body and soul. Will you marry me?"

Taylor gasped with wide open mouth  then said out loud " yes, yes yes I will marry you, I will be your wife, your lover, your friend, the mother to your  children, your everything." Then they hugged and kissed  passionately . Their parents were teary eyed and exchanged hugs while Tom and Austin did high fives and whooping sounds. They all hugged the newly engaged couple wishing them happiness and luck. 

Taylor had a radiant smile on her face and asked the parents if they know anything about the proposal. They all nodded vigorously and said "yes". Tom and Austin simultaneously yelled" we didn't know" then Lucy chimed in " that's not fair" causing everybody to laugh.

Scott left the room and came back with a  bottle of wine " I have  been saving this  bottle of wine  for a very special occasion and this is the right time. "Congratulations Joe and Taylor". They all toasted the newly engaged couple and the moms checked out her ring. The women and girl were oohing and aahing at the beautiful ring on Taylor's finger. She looks so happy and excited while Joe looked lovingly at his new fiancee holding her in his arms. The celebration lasted until midnight and Joe and Taylor invited everybody for lunch at The Garden in Four Season's Hotel since his family is going back to London at 8 pm. 

As soon as they entered Joe's pad, they started kissing passionately with hands roaming each others body. Joe carried her into the bedroom and they started undressing each other. They made love until both of them came yelling each other's name.

The bright sunshine radiating thru the window woke the couple up who looked lovingly at each other. Taylor lifted her ring finger and admired her new engagement ring. "I love you  so much and I can't wait to marry you soon."

"I can't wait to marry you soon too. Let's plan it; hire professionals and get all the assistants that you need. Let's do it".

They hosted lunch for for the families and informed them of their decision to marry the next year. They couldn't hide their excitement and toasted the newly engaged couple again. Everybody went to the airport still excited about the upcoming nuptials. All  bade goodbye to Joe's family and promised to get in touch. 

They decided to get married in the spring of the next year at The Grand Ballroom of the iconic Plaza Hotel on Central Park South. They hired a wedding planner to ease the stress and facilitate planning.  The wedding date was set for May 5, luckily they were able to book the venue. The theme is a romantic wedding with soft hues, plenty of flowers, pastels, shades of pink and purple. 

Taylor contacted her good friend Stella McCartney to design a custom made gown for her, the moms, her female entourage and Lucy.

The cake design and flavor have been decided; bridal party attires and accessories,  venue, florist, menu, giveaways, invitations and other stuff needed for the wedding. Everything is ready except for the ceremony.