"Could you please park the car. I'll be back. There's something I need to do." She tucked her phone inside her small black Gucci purse.

"Sure thing Ms.V." Prince steered the wheel when the light turned green.

Victoria chuckled at Prince as he drove to the side of the road. "Y'all and these nicknames these days. Lord have mercy."

"Park right there. Thank you, darling." Victoria said, pointing to the empty parking spot.

When she got out of the car once it was parked, she pulled her black Burberry trench coat closer to her body to provide warmth.

Victoria stood in front of the church, pondering whether to follow through the instruction. The tears forming in her eyes told her differently. When she decided to drag her feet inside the Holy sanctuary, one of the Sisters of the church appeared next to her.

As the Sister opened the door, Victoria followed her but she took a seat in the back of the church. It wasn't the perfect opportunity for Victoria to blend in because she walked into the Pastoral council weekly meeting.

Katerina was there to help jot down important notes. That was one of her obligations in the new location. She had to support the newly appointed priest until he hired the deputy endorsed by the board members of the church.

Victoria walked in looking lost as seen based on how her eyes roamed the church, looking like a sheep in need of its shepherd. She caught Katerina's eye by making her briefly distracted as the dignitaries present in the meeting spoke. Katerina put the thought of approaching Victoria when they concluded the meeting in the back of her mind.

Just as intended, Katerina arranged the notes from the meeting into one file and brought it up to her chest. With a kind smile warming up her cheeks, she acknowledged the presence of all important members of the church that were there before she quietly slipped put of the extended conversation.

Frustration, embarrassment, and anger were the ingredients for Victoria's emotional outburst inside of the cathedral. As Katerina neared her, she slowed down to observe her demeanor and was able to immediately pick up on the pain bandaged around her.

Victoria wore a long sleeve black lace midi dress with black hand gloves. She claimed her choice for the all-black outfit was to bury her marriage to her now ex-husband.

In her words, who doesn't want to look fabulous for a funeral?

When the reflection from the glistening light became dull, Victoria lifted her gaze to take a look at the person the shadow belonged to. She was shocked by the sudden appearance of the stranger that stood in front of her.

"Oh, I'm sorry did I scare you?" Katerina calmly asked a weeping Victoria.

"You're fine." She sniffled, turning her head to the side, avoiding any further questions.

"Are you fine?" Katerina emphasized the word you as she sat down.

Victoria was stunned by her question. Although her almost swollen eyes were harbored by the shades she was wearing, many never found it difficult to seek out her identity. This was a first for her to not be instantly recognized.

"Do you know me?" She asked surprisingly, peeling off her dark sunglasses while agony shone through her long wet lashes.

Katerina's right eyebrow pulled up in the absurdity of Victoria's response. "Am I supposed to? I mean I'm new to this town so I don't know much but what I do know is that you're sad."