The Visit

Hello everyone so this is my first story and I know it probably won't be very good but please enjoy and give me feedback and⚠️ be warned in this chapter there is racism, minor violence and explicit language. You have been warned⚠️ ALSO I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CRIMINAL MINDS CHARACTERS THEY BELONG TO THE PRODUCERS AND MAKERS OF THE SHOW.

-

It's quite hard being an FBI agents child, I don't get to see my dad very often so I live with my grandma. My name is Brianna Morgan and Derek Morgan is my father, he comes to see me every year on my birthday and my grandmas birthday. My father acts very noble a lot of the time but with us, he's gentle and kind, he plays with the kids at the youth centre and takes me out to eat every time he comes home to Chicago. I knew I was a secret to his team but I didn't care, as long as he still loved and cared about me I didn't need to move with him. That was until 4 days ago...

Four days ago...
I woke up that morning and got ready for another gruelling day at school.
"Morning G-Ma," I said to my grandma before stuffing a slice of toast into my mouth "I'm in a hurry but I love you and I'll see you when I get home."
"I love you Bri, be safe." She said before I walked out of the front door and onto our street, starting the walk to school.

My day was going fine until lunch, a girl came up to me and tapped my shoulder so I turned around and asked her what she needed.
"You know people like you don't belong here." she spat in my face as if she was disgusted by my presence.
"What do you mean 'people like me'?" I asked making quotation marks with my fingers.
"Y'know black people." she emphasised the word black. I couldn't stop myself and before I knew it my fist met her face and I hear a loud *CRUNCH*, the girls nose started bleeding and she began to cry hysterically, screaming that I assaulted her unprovoked. So I walked away "Unprovoked, my ass." Soon enough, I found myself walking to the principals office.
"Miss Morgan," he started "You do understand what you did was wrong and unnecessary?"
"No I don't," I looked at him angrily "She was being racist and hateful so I punched her in the face."
"Miss Morgan, you broke her nose." he stated a little more frustrated this time. "With all due respect sir, but she deserved it and I don't regret it." I looked him dead in the eye and smiled smugly.
"This is the fifth violent incident this month, I'm sorry Brianna but I have no choice but to expel you for breaking the rules countless times." I looked at him, stood up and walked out, calling my aunt.

-

"So, what did you this time Bri?" Sarah looked at me expectantly whilst turning the car on and starting to drive.
"I-I got expelled..." I said reluctantly.
"You what," She looked at me half angry and half interested "Why?"
"This girl said that black people don't belong in the school so I punched her in the face and broke her nose..." I said the last bit just loud enough for Sarah to catch on and grin at me.
"Why do you look so happy?" I asked her, confused.
"I'm proud of you, you stood up to a racist girl." she pulled onto the road I lived on and turned off the car.
"Mom won't be very happy though." I knew how mad grandma got whenever I was in trouble and so did Sarah.

-

We walked into the house and there she was, Fran Morgan, looking like she was about to kill somebody.
"BRIANNA MORGAN," she was staring into my soul and I could feel her anger burning my insides "YOUR FATHER AND I DID NOT RAISE YOU TO BE A TROUBLEMAKER NOR A VIOLENT WOMAN!" I took a deep breath in and sighed.
"I'm sorry grandma," I started to look back up at her "I didn't mean to do it, I wasn't in control of myself."
"Clearly not, so because of your actions you are going to take a trip to your fathers." her tone was less angry and more sympathetic.
"Wait really," I grinned from ear to ear now "I've always wanted to visit dads, does he know?"
"No and he won't find out until you arrive there." She smiled tiredly and walked away.
"So how am I getting there?" I asked Sarah.
"Well you know like you have a drivers license," I nodded at her (I was 18) "Well you're driving, using my car."
"But don't you need it for work?" I asked astonished but pleased.
"Nope I've got a job at the youth centre so I can just walk there." She smiled sweetly and left me alone.

-

the next day...

I turned and waved at Sarah and grandma and blew them a kiss.
"Stay safe!" Grandma called out.
"We love you!" Sarah shouted, and I was on my way to Virginia.