Picture Perfect

"Alright, Claude! Are you ready?"

"How can I be ready if you don't tell me what we're doing?"

Byleth just laughed in response to this, dragging him down the streets. Alois and Catherine were busy laughing behind them. She had decided to return the favor of setting them up on a little trip...one that involved a blinded and confused Claude as she led him to their destination.

"Well...It's just a leap of faith," Byleth grinned wider. It was strange for Byleth to actually plan something for the two of them; normally he was the one that did that, but Byleth wanted to do something special for the two of them. When she had asked Sothis on what to do, Sothis had come up with one specific idea... "Come on, aren't you excited?"

"Of course. Anywhere with you...but I would still love to know where we're going in the first place."

"Well...you'll know soon," Byleth stuck her tongue out at him before releasing he couldn't see her. She giggled, and he tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Teach-"

"I didn't complain nearly this much when I was the one blindfolded, did I?"

"Well, no, but I'm just a curious dude. You can't blame me."

"Just be patient. We're almost there."

Byleth continued to lead him by the hand, taking them through the crowded streets and the bustling people. The wind was merciful today, only lightly blowing the colorful leaves around on the ground. By now, the trees were completely barren of leaves and the air was cold and brisk. Winter was coming, it was only a matter of time until warm weather was gone entirely for another year.

Byleth couldn't say she was particularly upset about that.

"Alright, we're here!" Byleth pulled the blindfold off of Claude's eyes. He blinked, taking a moment to get adjusted to seeing something other than darkness. His emerald eyes shone before scanning the area.

"Where are we? I've never seen this part of town."

Well, that was because it was pretty isolated where they were. Byleth had had to research around just to find out how to get here! Sothis had reassured Byleth that this was worth it.

Just what was it? Well...it was a building, short and squat in height. Compared to the other taller and more modern structures, this one was archaic, with out of fashion square windows and a plain gray roof. The paint was pale yellow and starting to peel. A large sign read 'Picture Perfect' as it shone in neon pink.

"Well...let's just go inside, and you'll see."

The inside of the building was brightly lit, and elaborately designed. Pictures were people dressed medievally were hung everywhere. There were a couple of curtained rooms on one side, and a section to the side with a castle as the background.

"Welcome! How can I help you?" A woman with blonde hair and bright green eyes similar to Claude's greeted them. "Are you here for a session?"

"Yes, we are," Byleth nodded. The girl smiled.

"Fantastic! Got a theme? I personally love the ones about knights," The girl's eyes twinkled with excitement. "They just sound so cool...Sorry. Uh...Preferences?"

"Hm...Surprise us."

"Got it! Costumes are behind me. Have fun!"

She quickly left to the section with the castle, and Claude looked just as bewildered as when they had started. Byleth giggled before dragging him toward the costumes.

"So, what should we pick?" Byleth glanced over the array of costumes. There were serious costumes, like a full set armor, or more silly ones, like a costume of a dragon.

"Uh...I don't know," Claude's eyes drifted toward a woodland costume. He quickly grabbed it, an excited look on his face. "Just kidding, I found one!"

"What'd you get?" Byleth asked curiously, but Claude swiped it away from her.

"You'll see."

"But I want to match with you..."

"Here, why don't you be...yeah, wear this one."

The two headed to the changing rooms, throwing the costumes over their clothing. When they went out to meet each other, Byleth couldn't help but burst out laughing.

Claude was, of course, in a deer costume. Byleth really should have guessed that...It was a one piece that was a little big on Claude in some places, and his antlers proudly stood on his head. Claude grinned.

"Isn't it great?" Claude laughed before looking her over. "Just like yours."

Byleth had felt a little silly dressing up, but she had done it anyway. She had gotten into a fox costume, with a long, orange tail and fluffy ears. She laughed.

"What do you think? Should I wear this around everywhere?" Byleth joked, and Claude grinned.

"Oh, definitely."

"Right this way!" The blonde said, and the two of them rushed toward the sectioned side of the room. There was now a forest background behind them, and the photographer with gray hair and like green eyes smiled.

"Ah, perfect!" He smiled cutely. "Alright, pose!"

Immediately, Claude lifted her up, holding her in his arms. Byleth just laughed as the photographer snapped a picture, and Claude let her down so they could come up with a new pose.

"Any ideas?"

"Hm...How about this?" Claude put his hands behind her head to mimic his antlers. Byleth laughed, and Claude joined in. "Fear the deer!"

"Forever."

"Alright! And...pose! And...pose! And...pose!"

The two's laughter could be heard down the street...allowing someone to find them quite easily. As Byleth and Claude walked out of the store, Alois and Catherine trailing behind them, a deep voice interrupted them.

"Nice to see you both again...."

sry for slow updates. trying :( it's been hard for me to write lately.