Chapter 1- Secrets

“Last one!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, letting out a sigh of relief as she kicked the last cloud out of the sky. She sat down on the top of Town Hall, watching everypony admire the wonderful day she had created, waving at Scootaloo as she ran past when she heard somepony flying above her. She looked up and saw three Pegasi in their famous aero-dynamic suits. Rainbow Dash gasped as Soarin looked down at her with a smile. It took her a while to remember how to breathe again. Rainbow Dash knew she was hopelessly in love with Soarin. She loved everything about him- his mane, his eyes, his body, his Cutie Mark, his wings, even his smile. Rainbow smiled at the thought of talking to him as she darted after the trail of dark cloud that the Wonderbolts would always leave behind them.

Soarin looked down at the town of Ponyville to see the one who stole his heart. His dream mare. He saw none other than Rainbow Dash, standing on the top of Town Hall. Soarin couldn’t help but smile at her, nearly flying into Spitfire from his attention being somewhere else besides flying. The yellow Pegasus growled, forcing the white colt to look away from the mare his heart was screaming for. He’d never forget the first time he saw her after the Best Flyer Competition.

“Always hungry after a show, eh Soarin?” Spitfire asked with a smile. Soarin nodded, forgetting about the apple pie in his mouth.

“Yup!” He said with a grin. He suddenly remembered about the pie, but it was too late. He let out a cry of despair at the thought of the pastry falling on the ground when a streak of rainbow caught it not a moment too soon. He looked at the Pegasus as she stood up and felt his jaw drop. Soarin smiled and took a step towards Rainbow Dash slowly, staring into her rose-coloured eyes. “Thanks!” He said before taking the pie in his mouth. As he trotted off he felt a wave of happiness wash over him. He'd never been THAT happy to have a pie. The white Pegasus shrugged it off and dug into the pie, taking in the perfectly crisp crust and the sweetness of the filling. When he was done with the pie, he couldn't stop thinking about that pony that saved his pie. What was her name again? Rainbow...Rainbow...Rainbow something. The way the mare's mane flowed wild, free and yet gracefully as she flew. The agility, the speed, the style of the mare. For some reason Soarin just couldn't get that simple Ponyville mare off his mind. "Soarin!" Spitfire shouted, shaking the white pony by his shoulder. When he blinked  back to reality he was staring at his Pegasus workmate- Spitfire. He and Spitfire had been going out for six months to this day. But he'd never really been happy. The relationship was more for just the publicity. Everypony loves a good relationship-in-the-worlplace, right?

As they were flying home, Soarin  tried his best to forget about Rainbow Something. But his brain didn't want to. Spitfire noticed a change in her workmate's attitude. The way he wasn't bursting with energy. The way he was spacing out every three seconds. For the first time in six months, she was worried about him Since they had to start the "relationship", she'd been too busy with interviews and dealing with hate mail to actually talk to the stallion. By the time she had plucked up enough courage to ask him what was wrong, the white Pegasus was gone. Never to be seen until morning.

Soarin tried to fall asleep. But whenever he was close to the Dreamlands, his mind would be full of that cyan blue mare who saved his pie. His eyes snapped open to the darkness as he realised the answer to his problems. Soarin had fallen in love with Rainbow Something. He was totally and utterly in love. And he didn't like it.

Rainbow Dash followed her Soarin deep into the Everfree forest and hid behind a tree, staring at Soarin and Spitfire.