ix. Game On, Diggory

Start from the beginning

She lost her old boyfriend to her 'friend', and Lucy was well past being tired of having everyone and everything else go the same way.

On the bright side, Christmas was nearing, and a mention of a Ball had everyone in higher spirits. Apparently, it was called the Yule Ball, and was held on Christmas Day. Suddenly, the reason as to why Lucy had to bring a fancy dress with her to Hogwarts was becoming clear, and everyone was absolutely buzzing - even Misty, although she was stressing about finding a date just as badly. That girl always had something to stress about.

"You're mental, Misty, if you think you won't pull anyone," Lucy had told her. "There's literally three schools here - I bet there's been loads of people secretly fighting over you - they're just trying to build up the courage to ask you, first,"

"Oh, yeah," Misty had pulled a face. "Because that's always been known to happen, I'm such a men's lady,"

"The best men's lady," Lucy corrected, giving her a wink. Misty had broken into a small smile at this.

Lucy herself wasn't sure if she was really bothered about finding a date. Did it really matter whether or not she showed up with someone? She could always go stag with her girls, or at least, whoever else didn't end up with a partner. Either way, she'd be happy.

That was what she thought, anyway, until she was informed the champions would be opening the ball with their partners. Brilliant.

"But I don't really want to go with just anyone," Lucy had expressed to her friends one day, whilst the ball was the main topic of conversation. The girls were making use of the Hogwarts library to do some revision for some trial exams they were currently facing - although, not much was being done due to the fact that they were much too distracted by the idea of the ball and Christmas. "Imagine how awkward it would be going with someone you don't know... I dunno..."

"I don't think it would be too bad," said Misty. "As long as they're a good talker. And funny, I guess, you need a good laugh,"

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Lucy nodded with agreement, before turning to the blonde on her right. "Have you got a partner yet, Ver?"

Verity shook her head. "Not yet,"

"Fleur does," Lucy said, giving Fleur a mischievous grin and knowing fully well she was the only one to know of her best friend's date. Fleur gave her a small glare, before her own expression warmed, and her lips curved upwards.

Misty and Verity exchanged surprised glances.

"Who?!" they said with hushed voices.

"Well-"

"Er- hi," A boy's voice sounded, and Lucy's eyes flicked from the blonde Veela sitting next to her to a dark skinned boy hovering behind Misty - of whom was still hung up on finding out who Fleur was going with.

The girl turned around to face the boy, obviously taking a few seconds for her brain to process that he was looking directly towards her, and not her friends.

"Oh," she spluttered, blinking with surprise. "Hello,"

"I've seen you around, you know, and well - I think you're pretty - that sounds a bit stalker-ish, now that I've said that, actually,"

Misty let out a soft laugh. Lucy and Fleur exchanged glances.

"Okay, well, I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the ball with me?"

GOLDEN GIRL ━ CEDRIC DIGGORY On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara