Chapter 10

In the colony containing King Dedede's castle, the Dedede Brooches activate, reviving Luigi and Ness. The two connect the badges with Dedede's trophy and deduce that he is the source of their revival, so they revive him in return. His plan successful, Dedede hugs them in elation. He then teams up with the other two and begin crossing Subspace towards the Great Maze, reviving all the Smashers they find along the way. Upon reaching the staircase at the Great Maze's entrance and seeing Bowser lying there, they revive him as well, only for him to attack Dedede. Dedede wins the subsequent fight and revives Bowser again; Bowser tries to start another fight but is flicked in the face by Dedede, who directs Bowser to Master Hand's motionless form. Bowser begrudgingly decides to join the group to get revenge on Tabuu.
At the same time, Kirby is revived, having eaten the Dedede Brooch that had fallen off the princess Dedede had collected. Kirby sets out across Subspace and collects the rest of the Smashers that Dedede's group had not come across. Kirby reaches Ganondorf's trophy, but Bowser shows up and vents his rage on it as revenge for Ganondorf shooting him with a Dark Cannon, giving Kirby second thoughts about getting near it. Dedede then appears, hugs Kirby, and drags him along towards the Great Maze.
As the Smashers are preparing to enter the Great Maze, the revived Wario shows up, boots Dedede in the head as revenge for stealing his Cargo and trophies, and has a laugh over it. Seeing that two of said trophies (Luigi and Ness) are on Dedede's team surprises him enough to stop fooling around. Wario is then offered to join the group; after a bit of reflection, he agrees, and rides his bike up the stairs to the entrance.
Finally, Link and Zelda have come upon Ganondorf's trophy, and agree to revive him. Directed to the Great Maze, Ganondorf is averse to join forces with his two biggest enemies and is infuriated that he had been manipulated. Nevertheless, he sees that Tabuu is the bigger foe, and agrees to help.
The thirty-five Smashers enter the Great Maze. After a lengthy and combat-filled trek, they finally reach the center and break all the seals guarding the final door to Tabuu's residence. Tabuu attempts to use another set of Off Waves against them, but Sonic appears and damages his wings, rendering the attack unable to knock out the entire group at once. Thus, Tabuu faces three dozen Smashers in the final battle, and is ultimately defeated. All the colonies composing the Great Maze are restored to their rightful positions in the real world, with the Subspace detonations all being sealed off. However, the amount of Subspace Bombs simultaneously detonated on the Isle of Ancients has ruined the isle's ability to return to real space - it is claimed to be destroyed forever. The Smashers manage to escape to their world.