When I'm with you

Start from the beginning

I shouldn't have done that.

The water quickly sprayed out of the sides of the pipe, both from a crack and the nozzle, wetting my sweater, which turned it from red to more of a maroon.

"Shit!" I jumped back, trying to whack the lever back into place and, thankfully, succeeding.

"Moron." I heard a snicker and turned to see the blond, in question, starring at me, trying not to laugh.

"Oh go ahead and laugh at my misery!" I called, frowning playfully, "there's a crack in the pipe and the whole shower head is screwed on wrong."

"Ok, thank you, you can use one of my sweaters if you'd like, there in the second drawer of my dresser in the bedroom." He said, smiling ever so slightly.

I quickly grabbed a sweater from his dresser and headed back out to the entryway seeing Tsukishima putting on shoes and a coat. Once he finished, we walked out to the car, exchanging the usual 'how have you been,' and 'how is work?'.

I caught him lip syncing to 'Love story' by Taylor Swift, in the car and quickly made note that he liked that song. We got to the restaurant in no time and were already sitting at our table, thanks to the reservation I had made, the wait wasn't long.

"Did I tell you the Growler case is closed?" I told him, seeing the long breath he took afterwards.

"That's reassuring.. but I'm still glad I moved." He smiled at his menu.

"Yeah your new place is very nice, I'm sure your decorating skills will be put to the test!" I chirped happily, thinking about how fun renovating with him would be.

"Yeah, but I mostly like it because it's closer to your house." He looked me dead in the eyes, obviously trying, and failing, to suppress his blush.

I thought my face lit on fire right then and there as I felt my cheeks burn. He laughed a little at my reaction, and I couldn't really counter, too busy trying to cover my embarrassment.

"Keiiiiiiii...," I whined, "you can't say that kind of stuff, with your cute face, in public!! It'll throw my restraint out the window!" I watched as the bright red blush crept up his neck and smirked, "But you seem to like the sound of that. Are you teasing me, Kei?" I said his name again, coyly.

"Shut up and order your food." He pouted, embarrassed.

We ate while talking about god knows whatever, just enjoying each other's company and having a nice time together. We joked, laughed and got to know each other more. I already knew I was in love with him, but it felt as if I was falling all over again with every small significant detail he gave; like how he acted like a jerk in high school because he was scared of being close to people, or how when he was younger he admired his brother who played volleyball. The little things that he thought meant nothing, meant everything to me. Like I said, I already knew I was in love with him, but I felt it'd be too early to tell him, and even though we hadn't even known each other very long, it was long enough to find myself in love with Tsukishima Kei.
I looked at him with a shit eating grin before deciding to tease him a bit.

"You want dessert?" I asked, remembering his favourite was on there.

"Oh, well, I didn't check that menu." He answered, making me nod and order us two slices of shortcake after he left for the bathroom.

His face lit up as soon as he saw the desserts on the table. I'd never seen him eat anything so fast, and I couldn't resist teasing him, claiming 'it was the first time he finished eating before me'! All put together, it was a really good date, I felt sad when we left the restaurant, knowing it would mark the end of our date, and in a desperate attempt to continue it, I turned to him.