malachite green

“They taught me to kill,
I taught myself to love,
and heal.”

"I CANT BELIEVE this is happening to me!" Skylar stated for the millionth time, as they reached the King's Cross Station and into the magical platform. Draco's trolley had three large trunks and a cage with his black Owl in it. "I can't believe I'm getting married to a boy who's still in school."

"Shut it," Draco warned as they walked down the platform, looking for an emptier coach. Behind him, Hermione Granger walked with Ron, Ginny and Harry, the latter two holding their hands. People moved away as they walked, some even stood by and talked about them; somewhere, there were flashes too, they were being photographed, every move recorded. So much for peace. "As it is it's going to be hard. . . A whole year—"

"Hey," Skylar said, pausing between the crowd in front of a seemingly empty carriage. With her sizzling magic, her eyes burning red, she lifted the trunks off the trolley into the coach. "I'm going to visit on the weekends, alright? McGonagall said right, there aren't much of Hogsmeade rules for the namesake-eighth years? You can meet me anytime. I'll write to you. Besides, Professor Lupin's gonna be there—McGonagall reinstated him as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

"Show off," he said, pointing at his trunks that she had magicked up. "You gave your powers away?"

"Yeah," Skylar grinned. "I did it last week—Hogwarts is rebuilt, so Professor McGonagall wrote to me, asking if I was still willing to put my magic on the walls. So I went, took Severus with me, because he's the only one who knows the proper way to transmute the magic from one vessel to another."

"Did it hurt?" Draco asked with concern. Skylar frowned.

"It was like ripping my soul apart, you know? It didn't physically hurt, but it was a strange pain. . . I can't really describe it. I don't want to imagine what happens to the prisoners who have their magic taken away from them—"

"It's alright," Draco said. "It's done. It's over, you've protected Hogwarts, sealed it from any havoc."

"Snape also put an extra lock on it though," Skylar said. "My mother didn't lock her magic in the walls, making me capable of siphoning it off. This new lock ensures the magic remains there forever."

There was a loud whistle of the train. In five minutes it'd go, taking Draco a little farther away from Skylar. "Granger, Weaslette, get in!"

"You have to stop calling me that," Ginny warned, elbowing Draco on the way in. "Ferret!"

"Hey!" Skylar grinned. "Both are burrowing animals!"

"Except only Weaslette lives in a Burrow," Draco groaned, rubbing his ribs where Ginny elbowed him. Hermione and Ginny had already gone in to find seats after kissing their respective boyfriends good-bye. "Kiss me."

She did. It was short, sweet, full of love. Skylar almost melted, but Draco pulled away just in time, as the train did a strange lurch forwards. He flicked her forehead and said, "I love you."

"That's a horrible way to show love!" Skylar groaned at him, rubbing her forehead, the distance between them increasing a little. Then she sighed, raising her arm in a wave, at the train that was off to Hogwarts, where she'd never go back again, at least not as a student, at least not wearing robes and winning housepoints. Her school life was over.

"Hey!" Ron said from behind as Skylar stumbled back into them. "Isn't it strange all three of our partners are in school?"

"Yes," Skylar said deadpanned. "I'm getting married to a schoolboy."