She didn't know what to say to him, apologies? Yell? Nothing? He was angry that she disobeyed him. But she wasn't his puppet.

She didn't belong to him. 

He always caught her. Every single time. 

She sat on the couch as she folded her arms, she had become cold as she held her knees up to her. She couldn't show him she was weak.

"Are you out of your fucking mind Juliet" He yelled as Juliet flinched. 

"I don't give a flying fuck about your business. I am fucking responsible for you and all you do is run around doing your own thing" He said as she closed her eyes.

"You don't have to care about my business! But I do! I care about it, Nicholas. And if that's so fucking hard to get through your skull then stop walking back into my life if you are just going to act as you own it!" Juliet yelled. Now she was infuriated.

She was weak, but that had nothing to do with this matter. She couldn't let that get in the way.

"You don't get it, do you? If I had to lock you up in this damn house if it meant that you would be alive I sure as hell would. Don't fucking forget who I am!" Nicholas yelled as he drank his bourbon in one round. 

She looked away as she began coughing repeatedly trying to catch her breath but she couldn't. Falling to the ground with a hand on her chest.

Nicholas turned around as his eyes widened. 

"Juliet!" He grabbed her lifting up head as he shook her but her coughing.

Picking her up as she had finally stopped coughing he placed her on the couch as her lifeless body took small breaths her mouth.

Nicholas paced as he called his doctor as he glanced at her between his paces. Her eyes had now been closed.

Nicholas cursed loudly as the doctor finally picked up.

"Mr. King? Is everything okay?" His doctor asked but Nicholas couldn't manage to put the words together.

"Just get here" He ordered as he closed the phone.

***

"She's not showing any other signs of serious sicknesses. Just have her rest, make sure she doesn't get cold. She can't use her energy all at once" The doctor instructed as he stood up. 

"Alright thanks" Nicholas sighed as he waved off his doctor. Sighing he sat down next to her as he stroked her ankle lightly tracing circles.

This was his fault, he had upset her, drained her of the little energy she had and now she faced the consequences of his actions.

Again.

Slowly her eyes butterflied open as she looked to her side and made eye contact with Nicholas. There was silence.

What was there to be said?

That he was sorry he practically blew up on her? That he was sorry his ego had gotten in the way of her health.

He could only start somewhere.

"My brother is coming over, Charles," Nicholas explained as Juliet looked away. She was listening he could tell but she was still out of it.

"He'll take care of the business while I stay here- and before you say anything Juliet I won't forgive myself for what happened to you. I have to make this up" Nicholas explained as she looked at him and simply nodded.

That came as a surprise.

She was just okay with it? 

"I need my stuff" Juliet replied still looking forward focused on the potted plants.

"I'll have them first thing tomorrow" Nicholas replied almost instantly.

"Great" Juliet said in a low tone as she put her head back down on the sofa and lied down facing upward.

"I'm sorry Juliet."

"Apologizing isn't going to fix this- dent in our relationship. I don't know if we'll ever work. If I'll ever fall to your feet like you want everyone too. If I'll ever be able to understand everything about you" Juliet whispered truthfully.

The truth hurt. It hurt like absolute hell but that was the beauty of it. 

"I know" Nicholas whispered back as he continued stroking her ankle.