𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4

Start from the beginning

"Let's just get started. You're cooking right?"

You moved away and pulled his body closer to the stove. The items he bought earlier had been organized on the kitchen counter beside it.

"Just use whatever utensils you need. I'm going to tidy the house a bit because I wasn't expecting a guest."

You began sweeping the floor as he took off his glasses and rolled his sleeve, showing muscular veins that were popping on his skin.

He seemed to know what he was doing. His hands were very nimble and careful. It never occurred to you that he was such a husband material.

"I never knew you could cook," you spoke from the other room.

"I experiment from time to time. Basically, because I refuse to let Bokuto-san burn my house down whenever he visits."

You held back a laugh, "He's not that bad, Akaashi."

"True, but it's better safe than sorry."

You pictured Bokuto in his natural quirk. It did sound dangerous when you put him and fire together in the same room.

"Fair enough."

You rejoined him later in the kitchen after putting the broom in one of the corners.

"[surname], if you don't mind me asking, how are you left alone for two months? Are your parents abroad for work?"

It took you a moment to process his question thoroughly. Then, you brought up the confidence to tell him the whole story.

"My dad... left the family, after mom found out about his affair."

Akaashi spun to you with widened eyes, "I'm sorry to hear that," he quickly put the ladle down, "You know what? Forget I asked. Let's just talk about something else. "

"It's okay, I'll tell you what happened. It'll help you understand the real reason why I quit."

Akaashi switched the stove to low heat and let it simmered while he listened to you.

"So dad is gone. Mom couldn't handle herself so she packed her bags to go to grandma's hometown. She's been staying there for a while and told me that she'll be back, but honestly, I don't think she has any more reason to come home."

You leaned on a counter, crossing your hands together.

"She told me she was getting better and I'm okay if staying there means it's what's best for her. I just... wish to have someone here with me because I'm getting lonely without them."

You sighed, cautiously looking up, "Here I am, trying to survive high school without having to depend on anybody. That's why I have to sacrifice team practice so I could earn a living, or else I won't be able to attend school anymore."

You smiled wearily, posing a peace sign at Akaashi, "So that's that. [full name], second year."

He was unresponsive for a moment, contemplating the right response for this.

"I think you're really strong, [surname]. You did what you have to do, you don't have to feel sorry for leaving the team. I respect your decision, the rest will too."

His hand moved to the top of your head, giving it a gentle stroke, "I'm proud of you."

His genuine smile somehow made you chuckled with relief. The weight that burdened your shoulders was slightly lifted.

Akaashi returned to his cooking once a sweet delicious smell hovered under his nose. You drifted over to his side, taking a sniff of that appetizing aroma.

"That looks really good..." You said, ignoring the growling that was your stomach.

You prepared the dining table while he was plating the dish into two servings. You helped him brought them onto the table and then sat opposite him.

"I can't wait to dig in."

He giggled faintly, "It's nice to have a nice meal after work, isn't it."

"Oh yeah, I was going to ask. What's up with the sudden decision to make me dinner? I'm the one inviting you over."

"Consider this as my sorry for visiting the cafe unannounced. I know I surprised you, but you were doing okay even with me around."

"I had to do my job despite the embarrassment I had to endure," you pouted, "Are you okay with the whole maid stuff?"

"I'm okay," he settled his chin on his fist, eyes focused on yours, "As long as you always serve me when I'm there."

"You shouldn't neglect your volleyball practice, vice-captain."

"I could never."

You let the spoon lingered in your mouth for a while. The mix of mildly sweet and savory flavor melted in your tongue. It was heavenly bliss for your hunger.

Your eyes fell on the pretty boy in front of you, confirming how he set your heart at ease when in near.

You could tell him everything and he wouldn't judge you badly. He listened to you, so you really couldn't wish for a better company.

You sniffed back, stuffing more food into your mouth happily.

"I'll cook it for you again if you're that hungry," he handed you a napkin.

You nodded solemnly while taking it from his hand.

You missed the sensation of having dinner with someone and had a conversation about the day. The food definitely tasted better than what you had been eating. You were enjoying yourself and it's because of him.

"Thank you, Akaashi."

***