Chapter 20: Festival Part 6

That day, when Kyotani Kentaro exploded in front of you, he began distancing himself. He was aware that his feelings for you are getting in the way of his clear judgement. You on the other hand, treated him not so differently—even to the point as if he didn't just shouted harsh words to you.

From greeting him normally to waiting for him to go to school together. But Kentaro could feel a barrier between the two of you. He thought it would be better if you just ignored him altogether. Because you, not even staying mad at him, is driving him more crazy.

The feelings he promised he would never let out are now raging inside of him. Because you are so forgiving, he's getting the idea that you might accept his affections even though Kentaro also knew so well that he shouldn't. He has currently forgotten about his vow to protect you and his feelings are taking over.

Kentaro's feelings are on the verge of spilling out and he's more threatened because of Oikawa who you suddenly gave permission to enter your previously secluded world. On the back of his mind, there's a voice telling him that you're just making friends, but Oikawa's gaze when he looks at you is something he recognize.

Now that he's staring at your back while walking to school, he couldn't help but feel that you're going to leave him someday. Kentaro fears that the most.

"Kentaro, please watch our play this afternoon." You suddenly said, making him snap out of his thoughts. "I'll do my best for you to see, just how much I've improved for myself."

As you glanced at him over your shoulder, a gentle smile spreads across your face. He wasn't expecting for you to give him this kind of smile so fast after what he had said.

"I might get help from calming pills though." You added before a light giggle escaped from your lips.

Because of your casual words, Kentaro feels more guilty. Several emotions are clashing against each other inside of him right now. He was drowning.

—•—

Your heart thumped so loud as you feel your hand sweating while holding the basket. The calming pill was taking effect just now, when you've already messed up your first lines with the fairies. Your voice was shaky and you almost forgot to move when you saw the audience.

But even though you clearly remember it, your nerves were calm and you could think logically. Although you can already predict that you'll be embarrassed as hell when the effect's finally gone.

(Note: You guys can decide with the shoes

(Note: You guys can decide with the shoes.)

)