Chapter 15: Festival Part 1

Kentaro walked with his hands in his front pockets and he looked intimidating as ever with his frowning face. He appeared like a thug heading to a fight in the night, it is a scary scene for girls.

However, this teenage boy is having conflicted feelings inside. Seeing someone you like being happy with another guy was painful, even for a boy like him who has no plans confessing.

One of the things this boy loves the most in the world is his step sister's smile. It was rare for that girl to give a sincere, whole-hearted one.

Unconsciously, he made it a reward only for himself. Saving up for the things that girl liked, cooking her favorite meals and taking her to places like a hill, with a good view. She's a girl who is happy with even the little things and her smile was his reward.

Truthfully, he was planning to take care of her even until they grow old. Graduating school and working for her, and doing all the things she loved. He didn't mind if the girl relied on him forever.

But that's obviously not the case for you. It was tiring running away from your past. And now that you are having fun being with people that cherishes you, you don't have regrets.

As if on cue, Kentaro appeared when you took a peek at the door. You opened it wide and yelled, "Kentaro!"

You concluded that he must've went to that gym he always go to when he didn't attend practice at Aoba Johsai. It was unusual for him to go home late, but you shrugged it off.

You were clueless that Kentaro practiced spiking with all his might, trying to distract himself and to also vent his anger.

"Aneki," he said, sounding upset when he approached you, "It's late now, why are you still awake?"

You angrily puffed your cheeks at him for scolding you the minute he just got home. Instead of answering him, you grabbed his hand and dragged him inside.

Although Kentaro furrowed his eyebrows, he just let you pull him to the table.

"Eat," you said as you put the dishes and plate in front of him. "Okaa-san's asleep now, tired from work. If I slept too, I'm sure you'll skip meal again."

You pulled one of the chairs and sat on it, while Kentaro stared at the food. Having a flashback of your conversation with Oikawa earlier.

"Tooru-kun, are you upset because of my past?"

"I'm not just upset, Y/N-chan. I'm angry!" Oikawa said in a furious tone and you laughed.

"I appreciate it, but you don't have to angry for me. It's in the past."

"Who said I'm angry for you? I, myself decided to be angry, Y/N-chan. I'm really mad that I can't do anything about it now."

Kentaro overheard the talk when he saw you, walking with Oikawa to the volleyball court. At first, he was angry when he concluded that you told Oikawa about your traumatic experience. Because Kentaro was scared that you'll get exploited.

So he confronted Oikawa after school, when he made sure you walked with your friends on the way back home. Well, to be honest, what he did was more like threatening.

"If whatever my sister said to you, gets out, I won't f*cking forgive you." He growled dangerously as he clutched at Oikawa's collar.

"Your sister trusted me even though she was reluctant and scared. I don't have plans hurting her." Oikawa seriously declared, as intimidating as Kentaro.

Iwaizumi was watching far away when this exchange happened. Though Kentaro and Oikawa looked dangerous, there was something that told him to stay put and let them settle whatever by themselves. Though he already had a clue that it might have something to do with you.