Act Ten, Scene Two - They Met

Legoshi follows behind while Jack continues to lead the way, serving as a barrier were someone to attack you from behind. A note waits for you the second you step out into the garden, waiting near the bed of flowers you'd helped Haru with the day a heavy rain began to fall. Just like the note at the library, you refrain from touching it at first, though it's hard not to with how messy the handwriting is; it's from the same person though, as it still carries the same style, but with a bit of rush present in its strokes. Whoever the person writing these letters was, they must've had to take an early leave from their plans, a point proven when Legoshi stops guarding you from behind.

"That scent," he says, eyes wandering to the garden shed, "It's familiar." He takes a few steps forward until getting closer to the building, stopping as he continues with, "There's someone hiding in there. Stay back."

Having said that, the wolf takes the lead and stays on guard while Jack helps him out, standing beside him as back up. Haru tugs you close while you wait, but it's not until her hold turns stronger on you that you realize she's trying to grab your attention. You turn to her and see a frown on her face, matching with the concern in Legoshi's voice.

"I… I think I know who it is," she says, letting you go. "But I'm not sure why he'd do this."

Though you don't quite understand who she's referring to, one look at her face and the glossy sheen to her eyes lets you know that person is, or at least used to be someone important to her. You hug her while you wait and let go when you hear some rustling from nearby. A shrub begins to shake and from behind it, a shadow emerges, taking the two canines busy guarding the shed by surprise. 

"So the two of you have also come," the voice says, clearly familiar to both the wolf and the bunny based on how their gazes widen. Jack is the only one who stays neutral, and so do those waiting near the garden when you decide to glance back at them, Dom who raises his hand as if to give you encouragement. "You'll be my next target if you continue this way, Jack."

The mentioned canine shows surprise through a faint gasp and his posture straightening up, yet he tries to hold himself back, glaring at the darkness before him. 

"Why?" he asks, words as dry as your throat feels.

The stranger chuckles, taking a step back to further blur into the background. "Wolves are usually more straightforward, unlike mutts like you. I wouldn't be surprised if all that friendliness you're showing with (Y/N) results in her being your prey." There's a pause, one where you feel the pace of your heart quicken. "It's a shame I'm trying to do what's best for both ends, yet I still receive nothing but resistance."

You glare at the shadows, shrug Haru back, and stand beside Jack, saying, "So you took Juno away for my own good?" You take a step closer, though you're stopped by Jack holding your wrist. "Did you think she'd hurt me?"

"I don't think; I know."

A tall and slim figure shows up as the person finally takes a step forward, yet that's as much as you're able to see beyond the darkness. The wolf next to you tries to see past it and lets his failure known with a frown. "...I can't even track him by scent anymore," he mutters, droopy ears matching with the defeat in his voice. "If it's really him, he came prepared."

"It was only a matter of time before she lost her temper," the voice continues, making you face back to it. "Or did you forget what she said about your bleat? Did you really think she found it 'cute', or are you going to be realistic and accept she viewed you as inferior then?"

"She's my friend," you persist, taking a step closer when Jack lets go of you. "And I want to know where she is." You take another step and clench your hands into fists. "I don't care if it's a risk. For now, I… I trust her, and I want to keep being in the same dorm as her."

The figure disappears again and silence stays for a long while. 

"Alright," the voice says, letting out another laugh. "If you insist, I'll give her back to you. But let this be known, (Y/N): it's not over yet. If you want to continue with this charade, then so be it, but prepare to be the knight and saviour of all your friends in a while."

More rustling sounds as the person disappears completely from your sight. Barely a moment passes before muffled noises and someone's voice can be heard coming from inside the shed, followed up by the door opening with a loud creak.

Bright lights blind you with how dark everything else is, and you're prompted to rub your eyes to recover from it. When you do, you can hear collective gasps and murmurs from everyone around you, the reason behind their reactions being what waits for you by the open door: another note, but far more important: someone familiar with a bag over her head, knelt right next to the note. 

You rush to her side and take off the bag before anything else, needing to see her face after so long. Gloomy eyes greet you when you reveal her face, and these don't take long to change for surprise when she looks away from her lap to meet with your gaze. She throws herself on you and attempts to bring you into a hug, though her hands restrict her, these tied back behind her. 

"Hold still," you murmur, moving behind her to begin with the process. 

You start by untying her hands first and move on over to her legs next. It's even more tedious to work with than you originally anticipated it to be, anxiety making your hands shake as you try to undo the knots one by one.

Jack goes to read the note while Haru searches for gardening tools to help you with untying. Meanwhile, Legoshi stays back with those who'd accompanied you in case backup was deemed necessary. He escorts a few to their dorms along the way, and some team up with others to make the process go by faster.

The more you begin to deal with the knots and ropes keeping Juno restricted, the further you begin to worry over your choice and if you'd made the right one. Making friends with her had resulted in her being held captive, tied up, and thrown into a garden shed. What had at first been vague warnings and threats are now full-fledged worries, these turning worse when you finish untying both her arms and legs to reveal harsh rope burns. Only her snout's left, though you can already feel yourself tensing at the thought of it being just as damaged as the rest of her body. 

"...I'm sorry, Juno."

Mouth still restricted, you can only hear some muffled sentences from her part, these given meaning when she pulls herself off the floor, winces, and pulls you against her, hugging you tight.