jaeger had just chuckled at your counter statement which he found definitely amusing. however, you sat there in front of your meal, quite thinking about how is he this smooth? wasn't he a guy who used to not care about love?

"you should continue eating though," eren spoke as if he was actually knowledgeable of what you were doing as of the moment so due to your surprise and your curiosity, your eyes had searched for a familiar figure that might have been standing near you, watching your form possibly from afar.

taking a bite of your toast and soon swallowing it right after, you said, "stop stalking your girlfriend. that's creepy." i had just the guts to do that, oh my fucking god. you really hoped he'd answer or laugh at your remark at the very least, but instead the other end stayed silent as your mind had gladly started overthinking and palms sweating due to anticipated embarrassment.

"hey, that was a jo-"

"hey, i need to go. i'll call you back, okay?" he continued, "stay safe, y/n." and with that, he hung up. it was quite unusual for him to end the call that way since all this time he'd state the reason why. as you had opened the messaging app, you typed his name and started composing your message that was laced with concern and worry. but, you had erased every single character by the near end of finishing it, thinking to just give him some space for a tad while before pestering him of what had happened.

you rested your chin on the back part of your hand as your elbow had rested on the wooden table where your toast and latte sat perfectly. the call that had just occurred and how you were perfectly cut off by the person on the other end of the line felt like deja vu, as well as the situation that you were currently in right now ー you were fucking late to work.

checking the time on your wristwatch, it read 07:58. you sighed for god knows how many times now, feeling not in the mood to rush up and about to get to trelra like there was some kind of super adhesive stuck to the chair and your bum. you happily ate your food away, not giving a single fuck about arriving late as you had thought about how armin was considerate of the reasons as to why you'd get tardy.

soon finishing, your heels made audible click clack's on the floor as your hand had rested on the bar of the glass doors to this cafe. "thanks. i think i'd come back later for snacks," you announced to the woman stationed behind the counter as you earned an 'alright, would be prepared' and a soft chuckle from her.

the fresh morning wind had swirled around you, making your h/c locks to dance gracefully with the soft gushing of the wind as you walked to the direction of the building where trelra insurance could be found.

-

"okay, let's get straight to the point," levi announced as his employees had sat around the long table situated in the middle of the huge conference room of their ー his ー company. "to celebrate this year's 35th anniversary of our company, a party would be held in one of our owned properties which is the recently finished hotel near this building," the raven-haired male nonchalantly announced, his steel-gray orbs fixated on his employees who were listening intently and pairs of eyes on the slide on the wide led tv screen.

he further discussed that this annual celebration were to be open to all businessmen and businesswomen all over the world who wished to be partners with them, plus all employees can bring their plus one. "formal attire is to be expected from everyone," levi added whilst shutting the tv off and dismissed the meeting.

everyone soon stood up from their seats, used to how their boss would end conferences like this. and with that said, eren did the same as he fished his phone out from his pockets, slightly hoping that you had left him a message but you hadn't. sighing, he let his arms fall to his sides as he walked out of the conference room and to his cubicle to attend to the stacks of paper that were sitting on his desk.

his mind couldn't help but wander and it would always fall back to what happened the day before wherein you kissed him before you exited his car as he and kiana dropped you off at yours. it hadn't lasted for long, but it felt like more than that to the german who subconsciously smiled, looking at his computer screen. if anyone were to see him like this, they'd probably think he-

"stop smiling like crazy, you shitface," jean spoke, specifically out of nowhere from behind him as the light ash-browned hair male added another stack of papers on the german's already full desk. "here, fuck these papers," he added.

eren scoffed at the words of the horseface that stood beside him as the newly placed stacks of paper had been put down on jaeger's desk. "i have a girlfriend to fuck, so shut up," he countered as his hands had typed on his keyboard, computing and inputting of numbers and the like so as to balance the amount of sales.

kirstein wasn't convinced at eren's claim, at all as he quirked his brows as confusion had clouded the light ash-browned male ー as well as doubt. he, soon, had burst into a fit of laughter, not believing the german a tad bit. yes, he knew of how trelra's secretary was affiliated with his office mate, but to level up and be dating? like heck, that happened, shitface.

"what a nice joke," jean said in between laughs, "treat me to a high class restaurant if you really do 'cause you and y/n just friends." eren's office mate had now walked away from his cubicle as he had tried to calm himself down, convincing himself that jean was just being an ✨idiot✨ and fuck up with his thoughts ー though they were really facts.

he heaved a deep sigh as he tried to focus on his work right now, and think about what jean said later, wishing to finish as much as possible within the day. after all, he had plans after work.

the german's hand had reached out for his phone as he called for the woman who was certain would be up to attend to his request.

ring. ring. ring. ring.

ring. right. ring. ring.

ring. ring. rin-

"yes, hello?" the red-haired woman answered as her voice had rang through eren's ear. jaeger had called his upperclassman and a good friend of his who was, as well, sure that kiana would be comfortable to be with ー ranking second after you, of course.

"i have, uhm, a request," he stated, "planning to get something before i arrive home tonight and kiana might feel lonel-" eren was cut off by petra ral.

she had chuckled, "alright, i'll stay with her for, maybe, an hour or two since i've got to go somewhere," ral added, earning a relieved sigh from the chocolate brown-haired male who called her.

"thanks again, petra. maybe just be with her for half an hour since i wouldn't take that long and that's for sure," eren said, genuineness evident in his tone of voice.

"alright, goodbye, eren," pertra continued, "go get your girl." and with that, the phone call had ended as the german had placed his phone down near his keyboard as he had, once again, fixated his teal green orbs on the computer screen sitting in front of him.

his mind was filled with thoughts on as to how he'd say it, when, and where, but nothing had seemed to cross his mind. it was especially hard since he was also affected by hange's death, her wake ongoing as her funeral would be by monday next week and the german was well certain that you, too, were affected.

however, he knew for sure that the brunette would wish for them to be happy and live and carry on with their lives; to live freely without restrictions. shaking his head in the slightest, he shook away all those thoughts as he tried to focus on the piles of papers on his desk.

but one question had never failed to leave his mind. would she say yes?

°°°

tbh i almost lost all motivation to continue writing lmao am so sorry
buuuttttt luckily, i had just thought of many ideas to keep going
ily <333