Chapter 38-Finale.

Jamal's POV

Turning off the ignition, I got down from the car and walked around to open the door for Elyon. I kept a smile on my face while she scrunched her face up animatedly, getting down from the car.

"Who are you trying to form gentle man for?" She asked me, indirectly mocking me and my face contoured into a feign frown.

"Haba. I'm always a gently man." I replied and rolled her eyes as me while I closed the door behind her and pressed a button on the remote to lock the car.

"For your mind." She mocked again, looping her arm with mine as we made our way inside the building. "You just don't want to give away the fact that we are bunch of teenagers." She added and I chuckled, reaching over to tuck a strand of her braids behind her ear.

"I prefer the term young adults." I said and Elyon rolled her eyes again but I didn't miss the small smile on her lips.

Fortunately for me, few of my works amongst others, were opportune to be displayed at a gallery opening in the city and I decided to take Elyon with me to check it out,mainly because there was a surprise I wanted her to see. Now, we dressed like classy young couples. With the way I saw ladies look at me, I knew I was slaying the deep blue blazer, white turtle neck and black tailored pants, topping it up with a designer shoe.

Elyon was definitely not exempted because I could see the male specie like myself staring at her, jaw dropping. I don't blame them though. My babe looked hot in a simple black gown, with a puffed sleeve that was held by an elastic against her wrist. Her braids were left to fall freely against her shoulder and back, her beautiful legs showing off with the black strap heels she wore. She didn't even put on any make up, her face holding its natural glow.

Chai! I carry eyes go market!

A waiter passed us with a tray of champagne and I picked two glasses for Elyon and I. I stretched one over to her and She gave me a look but took it from my hand.

"We are too young to drink." She whispered to me and I chuckled.

"You are too young to drink, love." I teased her and she scoffed. "I'd be nineteen soon, remember?" I sassed, taking a sip of champagne.

"I don't like you." She muttered and I smirked at her.

"Of course you don't." I told her and she watched me through hooded eyes. "You love me." I said, my voice going a notch lower and she giggled.

"You know I do." Elyon replied but I shook my head.

"I still need you to tell me." I told her, seriousness hinted in my voice. "But not now. Let's enjoy our afternoon." I whispered to her, taking my other hand to caress her that was looped with mine.

"Oh, I love that." Elyon pointed to a painting at her far right and we walked towards it, admiring it.

****

Elyon had excused herself to go use the ladies room so I decided the survey the paintings that were not mine. I was looking at a painting when my eyes caught one unique art by my left. Sipping my champagne, I walked up to it and my eyes ran through the exquisite work of art.

It was the painting of a small boy, a sad and lonely small by. Every thing around him was vibrant except him. Children were playing, the sun was shining, the grasses were green but he still looked gloomy. From a distance or without looking pass the strokes of beautiful paints, you'd miss the message. But I couldn't miss the message even if I wanted to.

Because I used to be like this boy.

Sad and Lonely.

"You seem really interested in this painting." A voice suddenly came from beside and I looked to see a guy standing right by me, his eyes on the painting as well. I looked back at the painting.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 (𝙱𝚃𝚂 𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝚈 𝚂𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙴𝚂 #𝟺) 🎉