Chapter 2

When the two them returned to Moomin Valley, thick grey clouds were rolling swiftly across the sky.

"Do you want to stay at Moominhouse tonight?" Moomin asked, but Snufkin shook his head. "Alright, I'll see you later!" Moomin said. He walked a few steps before turning back round to hug Snufkin. Snufkin could practically feel himself melting into Moomin's arms and didn't notice when Moomintroll let go. "Bye Snuf!" Moomintroll waved.

🍂

Snufkin returned to his campsite and cleared away his campsite, before getting into his tent. As the storm began, Snufkin wrapped himself in his blanket and drifting off.

🍂

As the rain trickled down the window, the young mymrik sat on the window sill, wrapped in a woollen blanket, a cup of hot chocolate nearby. He pressed his face up against the glass and sighed at the storm.

"What's wrong?" a voice from behind Snufkin asked. "Huh! Oh hi Joxter," exclaimed Snufkin. "Why are you sat there, didn't your Ma tell you to stay away from windows?"
"I know, but I wanted to watch the rain," Snufkin sighed, "I wish I could go outside." He turned to Joxter and continued, "Why aren't you outside?"

Joxter wrinkled his nose. "I like looking at the rain, not going out in it. Are you going to drink this?" He asked, indicating to the mug. Snufkin shook his head. The older mumrik sniffed the hot chocolate, before downing it in one go.

The two sat in silence for a while. Then Snufkin asked, and rather abruptly,
" You're not going are?"
"What!" Joxter seemed taken aback. "Of course not, I love Mymble to leave to much."

"What about me?"
"Huh?"

Snufkin looked up as his father expectedly. "What about me? And Little My? And Mymble Jr, and everyone else?"
A strange and unknown emotion (to Snufkin at least) was plastered on Joxter's blue eyes. "Umm, s-sure."

"Promise?"

Snufkin held out his pinky. But Joxter smiled weakly, before standing up and walking away.

🍂

Well, this chapter definitely won't come up later, in, I don't know, the next book?

*hint hint, nudge nudge*

Also stinky cat dad can't keep his promises.