O. N. E

I landed on my hands and knees and heaved.

Sweat poured down my temples, my back, between my breasts and drenched the t-shirt I wore. My skin itched and the nape of my neck had my hair sprawling over it like ivy.

I retched and rested my forehead on the cool mesh floor of the box I was locked in.

-which was currently rattling upwards at an alarming speed.

I tried to get on my feet and finally managed. Gripping the sides of the cage I mustered all the strength I had left and yelled.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

The cage bumped and sent me sprawling onto a sack where I bumped my head in the corner.

"FUCK!"

I tried to stabilise myself enough to think clearly. I forced my spinning head between my knees and shut my eyes.

Where the heck was I?

Why am I in a cage which served as an elevator?

Why the jack was it speeding upwards?

WHO WAS I?

My face was sticky with tears and grime as I swiped a hand over it, hoping to calm myself down.

"HELP ME!," I shrieked into the abyss as the elevator zoomed past tubelights which illuminated the column I was travelling in. My voice echoed off of the walls, fading into the darkness.

I cursed when a siren went off suddenly, causing me to fall back on top of the numerous sacks which littered the elevator - or cage I was in. I couldn't figure out which term was better. A red light blared continously along with the monotonous chiming of the alarm that had my heart pounding rapidly.

I banged the sides of the cage and yelled, shrieked, begged for any listening ears out there to stop what was happening. That I couldn't take it anymore. My stomach was churning. I could feel the blood pumping in my ears.

My breathing hitched as the red light flickered off along with the torturous beeping of the alarm. A green light immediately replaced the red and I felt the elevator slow down till it stilled.

Breathing heavily, I backed off towards the craters and sacks and buried myself among them, fearful of what lay ahead.

A sudden whirring of a machine greeted my still ringing ears and a short whimper left my open mouth as I cowered further into the sacks. The top of the cage began to slide open, as I watched, transfixed, and a harsh glare pierced my vision.

I groaned as I threw an arm over my eyes and attempted to peek out through my fingers when the cage fully opened and I could make out shadows standing at the mouth of the entrance.

My instincts to run kicked in and I jumped to my feet as the cage rattled.

"Hey, Seed. Rise and shine," sneered a female voice and I staggered backwards.

Who are you?, I wanted to ask. I opened my mouth to complete silence and  shut it, glimpsing the taunt the female near me held in her onyx orbs.

Before I could comprehend her next move, she grabbed my by my upper arm and flung me  outside the elevator onto the grass outside.

"Ooh, we've got a new Seed! Look at her!"

"Oh, she's another brunette."

"She stinks."

I rolled over the grass and stared up at a large group of faces staring down at me. All female. Some looked leering. Some stern. Some appeared disinterested and some were curious. The rest  just wore poker faces.

Ignoring the jibes and various comments- bitches- I got to my feet, only to be shoved down by a redhead.

"What's your name?," she drawled, watching me, like I was being bumped around, gave her some sick satisfaction.

I faced away from her, and was confronted by another girl who kept yelling the word, Seed in my face.

"Stop," I muttered while shutting my eyes. I doubt I was heard by any one of the raging animals.

I peered through the mass congregated around me, at the land which lay ahead.

Unable to take it anymore, I did the one thing I was best at doing; In the track field, when being followed by my step father's voice and belt and whenever wanting to clear my head.

I ran.

Turning a deaf ear to the wild shouts and jeers, I raced ahead across the vast expanse of land till I reached a stone wall.

"Dead end," I muttered, turning away and preparing to run in another direction when I halted my steps and took a moment to assess my surroundings. A large, stone wall ran along, around the grassland we were in, leaving no exits. Like some sort of an arena.

-and an arena had an entrance to exit from. I glanced around till my eyes landed on a narrow opening in the wall.

Bingo.

The shouts multipled behind me.

"HEY HEY, WHERE THE HECK IS SHE GOING?"

"STOP HER NOW!"

"SEED, STOP!"

I tuned out the chaos and fled towards the opening. I was not about to be bullied by these thugs. I didn't know how the Jack I'd gotten in here, but I sure as hell had a good mind to get out.

When I finally reached the opening, I paused and peered in. The inside was stretched onto a narrow, dim stone corridor. The tops were crisscrossed with tendrils of ivy. The ground looked sticky. The air smelt foreboding.

I took a step in.

The thudding behind me increased and  before I sensed it, I was shoved to the side and punched squarely on the nose.

"What the fuck?," I hissed, proceeding to grab the redhead's collar when I was held behind by two other females, breathing heavily on my neck.

I bucked against their steel hold and kicked the air wildy. "Let go!"

"Throw her in the slammers," I heard the redheaded woman instruct before directing her dark gaze to me. "Clearly you're not in a mood to talk, so get comfortable," she sneered and nodded to the two holding me.

I head butted one of my captives and heard the satisfying groan emitting from her.

"Get your filthy hands off," I growled when she still dragged me on.

The back of my head was cuffed. "Behave, bitch."

I kept struggling, making it my mission to make it impossible for them to put up with me for long.

Finally, we reached a little hut which had a ridiculously low roof and which was built from what I assumed were bamboo sticks.

"The fuck is this?," I yelled, to which in response, the door was flung open and I was shoved inside with the creak of the door following in my wake as it shut. A moment after, I heard footsteps fading away.