Chapter Three: Drift Away

Selena was eleven when it happened. There was a problem in Hearts and Tanya's Mom had asked Olivia and Caleb for help, they agreed to go and meet in Hearts to help. It was a week before Cameron's eighth birthday, they'd have to be gone a week to go on a cruise to Hearts. Lots of hugs and kisses were given by the kids and parents. Cora was put in charge of watching the kids so while they were sad about their parents leaving they were excited to hang out with their Aunt.

   There was a teary goodbye on both ends and then they left for what was supposed to be a week. Cora took care of the kids, cooking for them, reading them books, paying attention to them and just loving them for that week. Then it became two. Then three. Then four.

  Then it became a month. Cameron constantly asked where their parents were, Selena kept sending letters that never got replies and Cora was starting to get worried that something had happened to her brother and his Wife. Court gossip and rumors didn't help with them always talking about how Olivia and Caleb most likely kicked the bucket. Cora had noticed the kids getting antsy and decided to try and take the kids out on a carriage ride as a distraction. It didn't work.

   Cameron kept asking where his parents were and Selena wouldn't stop writing letters in her book. They just wanted to see their parents again. Another month went by. Cora and Selena had started to believe the rumors. They agreed not to tell Cameron until it was either confirmed or denied.

  Cora kept trying to come up with new distractions for the kids but it never worked...ever. A week into another month and still nothing. Cora took the kids to the park as an effort to create another distraction but this time was different...time seemed to slow down and the kids complained about feeling dizzy, Cora being the good Aunt she is, took them home. Only to find a bunch of Aces from Hearts along with their King and Queen and Spade nobles in front of the castle. It was true and they knew it.