Twenty-Seven

(Year 4)

It was after lunch and we had two more classes to attend for the evening. I went to my potion class and I looked around for Draco. I walked over to Bonnie and asked her. She told me that she last saw him rush to the bathroom.
I excused myself and ran to the boys bathroom looking for Draco. I heard crying in a large stall. I saw the stall and it had a pallet that said 'Draco Malfoy' in large gold letters. I open it and he's on the ground crying.
I've seen him cry before... but not like this. I sit beside him, "Whats wrong Draco?" I asked

He looked at me and sniffled. "I got a letter from my father this morning" He said.

"What was it about?" I asked

He shook his head and continued to cry. I held onto his arm and rested my head on his shoulder. He placed his head on mine and we sat there talking for over twenty minutes. I knew that class had already started.
I took my head off his shoulder but he grabbed my arm and started humming and whining. I smiled and sat back down. "We have to go to class Draco" I giggled. "Just a couple more seconds" He sighed. I placed my head back down and we sat for a little longer.
I finally got up and so did he. We walked over to the sinks and he washed his face. I looked at him and admired his clear skin.
I leaned in and pecked him on the lips. We then walked back to potion class, together. The looks on people's faces when they saw us enter. We missed a good half hour of class but the teacher did save the best potion for last I presume.

"Today we will be making a love potion" Snape sighed

I make my love potion by the book and so did everyone else. A love potion ostensibly causes the drinker to romantically obsess over the person who gave them the potion.
However, true love cannot be produced through artificial means, and thus the feelings that love potions create are more like obsession than affection. The effect that a love potion has will wear off over time.
In order to maintain the potion's effect, the giver must continually administer doses, or else the recipient may "fall out of love" with them. A single dose typically lasts up to 24 hours, but the precise duration is dependent on the weight of the drinker, as well as the attractiveness of the giver.

All love potions have a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive, even if the person themselves doesn't acknowledge or is unaware of their fondness for the object of their affection.

"Now, can one of you students tell me what they smell from their love potions?" Snape asked

Hermione speaks ups and says she smells fresh cut grass, new parchment, and spearmint toothpaste. The only person I could think of that smelled like that was, Ron Weasley.
Harry went up next and he smelled treacle tart, the woody scent of broomstick handle, and "something flowery". He then said he thinks its the smell he smelled at the Burrow.

Bonnie walked over to me and asks me what I smelled. Snape looked at me and asked me to share aloud since I was going to answer her question anyway. I looked around and got shy. I sniffed my potion then looked up at the class. "I smell mint.. a hint of cologne and ink?" I replied. People gasped and chuckled. I looked at Draco and he smirked as he began to blush.