Scene 1: Act 2

She then tuned in the radio to hear the new Prime Minister's speech, his name was Winston Churchill and he was apparently going to help Britania fight and conquer the World War 2.

Winston Churchill: "When a week ago today, I asked the house to fix this afternoon, as the occasion for a statement I feared it would be my hard luck to announce the greatest military disaster in our long history, I thought, and some good judges agreed with me, that perhaps 20,000 or 30,000 men might be re-embarked, but it certainly seemed that the whole of the french first army and the whole of the British expeditionary force would be broken up in the open field ...."

Rosetta-Hazel was torn by this news, devastated, and feeling like her hormones would overtake her body she slumped in a plump arm-chair and pondered ... 'why wasn't I re-embarked with my father'... she thought this as she ferociously turned the radio off. She then picked up the locket, which had fallen off her neck when she was angrily stomping around, and opened it ... inside was a small note engraved with her papas' pocket knife it said ' never forget who you are, love you ' it was from her mum and papa when she was born.

Rosetta-Hazel felt so depressed that she quickly went to her little night-room and pulled out a loose brick from a wall, whistled 2 times to the room on the other side and 2 petit, thin figures came running across the room ... it was Elijah and Mary-Lu, her best friends who lived next door and if anything ever happened they would always be there for her...

Rosetta-Hazel: 'ello Elijah, Mary-Lu! (feeling slightly uplifted by the sight of them)

Mary-Lu: Hi, we got your call, is anything wrong! (startled and scared by the shock of me calling at night)

Elijah: Mary-Lu give Rosetta-Hazel a chance to speak! (having a giggle fit whilst speaking)

Rosetta-Hazel: No, it is actually most kind of you Mary-Lu to care so much about me, thank-you ... anyway, I need to ask you something-

Mary-Lu and Elijah: Yes?! (having a bit of apprehension in their tones)

Rosetta-Hazel: Well is your papa back from the ship yet?! (biting her lip in fear)

Elijah: We, well, we thought you were gonna ask thi-

Rosetta-Hazel: You did ... how! (her eyebrows raised in a confusing way)

Mary-Lu: Well father is back for a rest but just for a week and ... well ... he told us he was staying together with your father, but one day he came into the cabin after your father went and ... he was gone so umm well - (starting to blush with awkwardness )

Elijah: So have you got a telegram yet? (intruding his way into the conversation)

Rosetta-Hazel: Yeah, I got it last week, but there is something fundamental I have to tell you... (starting to well up as she recollected the thoughts of what happened an hour or so ago)

Mary-Lu: What is it, are you ok? (shifting around nervously)

Rosetta-Hazel: I-I - I saw papa as a ghost come to me just now, it was real I promise (Looking at their jaw dropped faces)

Rosetta-Hazel: Come tomorrow at nineteen hundred hours, ok?! (struggling not to pour her eyes out as she was in such a state ... she finished the conversation by saying): 'you will see him then.'