2

"Can you continue?" Harry asks softly, giving Louis his full attention.

"Yeah." Louis smiles.

"Where was I? Right, as I said, I was young and melodramatic. I got a birdcage with no door on my side here, because I felt caged but hoped that I would be free one day, and a hanger. That one is pretty self-explanatory. I was being closeted." Harry says.

"Later when I started to get tattoos as well I surprised Harry with two tattoos. These birds here. They represent me and the boys and I wanted to remind Harry that not all birds are in a cage, some are flying free, and we would too one day." Louis smiles.

"I also got these quotation marks at the same place as he had his 'I can't change' tattoo because it's the same for me you know, I can't change either and I don't want to. I wanted him to know that I was right there with him." Louis continued, sounding emotional.

Harry wipes away a tear. They take a moment to collect themselves.
"The next couple of tattoos I did with Ed Sheeran on a night out. He tattooed this padlock." Harry says.

"And of course I have the key." Louis smirks and points to a small key on his arm.

Harry rolls his eyes at him fondly.
"I also got this iced gem that represents my sister Gemma and Pingu. Just a silly tattoo really. Ed got one as well. But I made one tattoo that night that's really personal and that's this one." Harry says and shows his 17 Black tattoo.

"That goes with this one." Louis smiles and shows off his stag on his arm.

"We're both really sentimental aren't we?" Harry giggles.

"Yeah." Louis agrees with a fond smile.

"Anyway 17 Black is the restaurant where Lou and I had our first date." Harry beams.

"The deer I have on my arm is their logo. If you look closely I also put eyebrows on it and if you look really close you can see that this one has the same shape as Harry's eyebrows and this one has my shape." Louis smirks.

"I thought about it first, copycat!" Harry giggles.

"Meanie!" Louis pouts.

Harry puts his tongue out and Louis immediately copies his action. They smile at each other for a moment.
"It was such a great first date." Harry says with sparkling eyes.

"Do you wanna tell us about it?" The interviewer asks.

Louis and Harry look at each other.
"No." They say simultaneously and bursts out laughing.

Harry pulls up his trousers to show off his ankles.
"Never gonna/dance again. Well, I didn't keep that promise." He smirks and Louis shakes his head in amusement. "I also tattooed big on my big toe. Let's just say that I wasn't exactly sober when I got these."

Harry takes a sip of water.
"So let's see, what's next?" He looks at his arms.

"That one." Louis says softly and points at one of Harry's tattoos.

"Oh, yeah! This says Gemma in Hebrew. Thought it was kind of cool. Ehm, let's see...a shamrock for Niall, oh, this one has a funny story. So I'm a Packers fan right?" Harry starts but gets interrupted by Louis.

"He rather watches ice-hockey instead of football. I don't know why I married the guy."

"I watch football with you all the time!" Harry protests.

"I watch hockey with you!" Louis retorts.

"Well, as long as we don't have to watch golf with Niall I'm good." Harry chuckles.

"True. Continue."

"So, some friends and I made a bet. If packers would win I would do the tattoo and if they didn't I was off the hook, right? The problem was that I had so much to do so I didn't have time to get a tattoo after the game. I was so sure that they would win so I got the tattoo the day before the game. They lost." Harry says and cackles out loud.

Louis just smiles at him fondly.
"You're so cute sunshine."

Harry blushes a little.
"Hush. Ehm, let's see. Yeah, I inked two drama masks and SNCL under the birdcage. No brainer really. SNCL stands for Smile now cry later. You know, show must go on, no matter what happens backstage. You have to smile on the outside even if you're hurting on the inside. That's show business. Especially when we were in the band."

Harry looks around on his shirt, trying to remember all of his tattoos underneath it.
"Oh, I got two small crosses here for my grandparents." He says and puts his hand on his chest.

"I'm feeling left out. When is it my turn?" Louis whines.

"I have a lot more tattoos than you." Harry chuckles.

"Oh, look how cool I am. Don't I win the price for coolness." Louis sasses.

Harry cackles out loud and puts a hand over his mouth to muffle the sound. Louis looks really pleased with himself.
"Moving on, I tattooed a banner here with the words love inside over my heart but that's covered up now. Ehm, here by my wrist I have some small ones, that's my zodiac sign the Aquarius, that one says 99p, no good reason behind it, it just reminded me of England. This one I think is a key to the padlock, in case Louis would lose his." Harry smirks.

"Not gonna happen babycakes!" Louis smirks.

Harry looks amused but he holds out his arms.
"Things I can and things I can't. As you can see I covered them up. The eagle represents freedom for me and I got it after we got away from our label and management even if it meant that we had to split as a band. So things I can, I could get free. Sort of. It took a couple of years after that before Louis and I finally could come out but anyhow, I covered up Things I can't with the bible to remind me that God loves everyone, no matter what race, gender, or sexual orientation you have. I truly believe that."

Harry looks at Louis.
"It's your turn now pumpkin. You did your first tattoo after that."

"I need a smoke first." Louis smiles.