Chapter Twenty-Four - Fractured

Start from the beginning

    "We're DNA buddies! Yaaaay!" the clone starts to dance around the room, cheering.

    "You've got to be kidding!" Robin grumbles as we all watch the double run around. He runs to the kitchen first, taking everything out. Then, he runs to the door, pressing the button repeatedly.

    "Open, close. Open, close. Open—"

    "Hey!" Beast Boy shouts, walking up to the kitchen in order to clean it. "You're making a mess!"

    The doppelgänger ignores Beast Boy and chews on the couch before spitting it out. Raven goes to inspect it, but he runs across the room with her book.

    "The Book of Azar is not a toy!" she warns.

    Starfire giggles from behind me and Robin and I narrow our eyes at the same time. "Well, if someone was trying to clone me, they didn't do a very good job," he states.

    "No, not a clone," the not-a-clone corrects whilst raining spit on the both of us. "I'm you, another you, from another universe." He snaps his finger and a bicycle appears. "Look!" He pedals on it as he speaks, images showing up behind him. "All the way from Dimension Four and Nine-Eighths... Robin's double, DNA buddy, and number-one fan... Nosyarg Kcid!"

    I glance at the other Titans to see if they worked it out, since I already knew. "Sorry, could you repeat that?" I ask innocently, and Robin elbows me softly, giving me a knowing look that I respond to with a teasing one.

    "Welcome to our universe, small amusing doppelgänger!" Starfire says, hugging the double.

    "Yeah, nice to meet you, Nosey... Nuzzy... uh..." Beast Boy stumbles on the name, laughing and scratching his neck. "Uh, maybe we should just call you Larry."

    "My name is Larry now! Yaaaay!" the double exclaims, replacing the lowercase 'r' on his shirt with a capital 'L.' He parades around the room again, repeating his new name over and over.

    "Yeah," Cyborg says slowly. "Um... how do you do all that stuff you did?"

    Larry's pointer finger ignites with light. "Magic finger. Bends the rules of reality," he replies. His magic finger changes to a pen, and he gets out a paper to draw on. "See, Robin's universe is here... and Larry's is here. And I bend the rules so I can watch my hero Robin beat the bad guys all the time. But when he got hurt... I knew Larry could help. So I decided to pop over. But I goofed... and popped over inside your noggin. Oops."

    "Yeah," Robin says, deadpanned. "Oops."

    "Alternate dimensions? Bending realities?" Beast Boy groans, tilting his head as far back as it will go. "All this science is hurting my brain!" Larry flies over and sticks a bandaid on the green boy's head. "Huh? Uh... ohhh," he says, in realisation.

    "See? Larry's here to help." He flies over to Robin enthusiastically. "Now watch me fix up that arm."

    "Hold up," I say, moving my body in between the two. "What happens if you... goof... again?"

    "Larry won't goof!" he replies, before turning Robin's arm into a hockey stick. "Oops."

    Robin's vein throbs but before he can express his anger, the alarms start to blare. "Johnny Rancid! Downtown!" Cyborg says, and we all look at Robin.

    After a quick look at the hockey stick that makes up his arm, he sighs. "Just go."

    The five of us begin to run out, but Cyborg and Beast Boy block me at the door. "Nuh-uh-uh," Cyborg says. "Ember, you're staying here."