Chapter 9) Changes

*Your P.O.V*

(A/n This is a shorter chapter sorry)

We trudge behind Grug as he cautiously makes his way to the mountain. Grug sniffs, and tests the ground - he moves like a man in a mine field. Meaning slowly.

I walk alongside Guy, who is still being carried by Grug in the log.

"That was too close. It almost caught us." Guy sighs in relief.

"I was watching. We were fine." Grug huffs in annoyance.

"We've got to move faster. Do you people have any other speed aside from 'wander?' I'll take a shamble at this point." Guy whines as I nod agreeing with him.

"Hey, do you have a minute? How did the lion fly?" I ask him hopefully.

"Sorry lion cub, I only share when I'm outside the log. I'm funny that way."  Guy responds snakily making me wince and shrink back for a second, then catch back up with him. A clear look of guilt crosses over his face as he looks back at me, his face portraying an expression equal to an apology. 

"Leave this to me." Eep says turning and winking at me.

Eep falls back behind Thunk, getting him between her and their dad.

"Hey Thunk, you have a spider on your face." Eep says forcefully.

Eep smashes Thunk in the face, knocking him into Grug, sending Guy and the log flying. Grug shoots Eep an annoyed look. I see Guy closing his eyes as gets close to the ground but instead finds himself getting caught by a pair of semi-strong arms. He looks up to see me looking down at him worried.

"Are you okay?" I ask him with worry as he straightens himself up and smiles, nodding at me. I watch as Guy looks up to see Grug annoyed and backs away quickly.

"Oops." My sister shrugs.

"He's loose!" Grug yells at us.

Grug goes to retrieve Guy, and steps on something sharp.

"Aaaaahhhhhh! Do not step on those weird, pointy rocks!"

"You mean these rocks? Ahh owww! Do not step on these rocks!" Thunk says oblivius.

Thunk steps on the coral - it crunches under his feet. Idiot.

"Step aside, girls!" Gran yells out acting tough.

Gran steps out, and then screams. Are they really this stupid?

"Hello? Nobody's listening! No one is listening. You cannot walk on those!" Grug seethes.

Guy stands on the coral without flinching.

"Arraughrragh come back here now." Grug grows at Guy.

"Well, there goes our chance for survival." Gran says annoyed.

"And our log!" Thunk whines.

I watch as Grug decided that he must make the choice to go after Guy.

"Okay. Arraugh!" Grug yells frustrated.

Grug cringes and bellows with every step. Guy still locked inside the log, hops away as fast as he can. Grug leaps out and grabs the log only to loosen it as Guy jumps to a coral patch below.

I sigh as I watch Guy and Belt disappear behind a the pointy rocks, sad that he's going o leave us. I guess it's for the better though, all we've done to him is hurt him and I don't know how much longer I could handle it anyway.

I watch as Belt walks Guy back to us.

Gut stands at the edge of the coral, only a few feet from Grug and the rest of us. Guy's arms are filled with supplies.

"I can help you, but we're going to have to make a few changes around here. The log ride is over. Drop the log." Guy says sternly, looking over all of us until his eyes land on me and his gaze softens a little.

Grug grudgingly drops the log.

"Now, kick it away." Guy demands.

Grug barely nudges it.

"Farther." Guy continues.

Grug kicks it a quarter-mile.

"Really?!" Guy asks in disbelief looking over at me for confirmation. I simply sigh and face palm.

"Okay, smart, Guy... now what?" Grug growls.

Guy smiles.

(657 words)